website statistics

Ski Jumping at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

All DSQ were for women. The men are safe :p

Kinda best podium of the entire games. This sport really doesn't offer much medal changes outside of the big nations.

I hope :RUS and :CAN enjoy their five minutes in the sun :)

Actually Russia with the new complexes in Nizhny-Tagil, Chaikovski and Sochi (if they still use those lol) are showing a good improvement. Their results here, if generally unexpected are not that big of a shock. The men are doing points in the regular WC more often this season. I could see them garnering a middle of the pack position ala Slovenia or Japan in a few years. 

I am so happy but it is a funny feeling, our athletes almost never dominated like today.

If there were no dsq, it should have been:

Gold :SLO

Silver :ORK

Bronze :JPN

Ofcourse not knowing how :GER would have jumped in 2nd round.

But still, congrats to :RUS (I dont care, this is the flag 😜) and :CAN.

13 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Big Thunder still exits? Like it would cost too much money to blow it up? :p

big-thunder-ski-jump.JPG

There have been attempts to revive it over the years and nothing ever comes out of it. As recently as 2020: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thunder-bay/thunder-bay-steve-collins-ski-jumping-1.5801567

Mixed Team Normal Hill
Final Results

:SLO  Slovenia   
Nika Kriznar
Timi Zajc
Ursa Bogataj
Peter Prevc

:ROC  ROC   
Irma Makhinia
Danil Sadreev
Irina Avvakumova
Evgeniy Klimov

:CAN  Canada  
Alexandria Loutitt
Matthew Soukup
Abigail Strate
Mackenzie Boyd-Clowes

Full Final Result HERE

This has been a really crazy competition. I was watching short track and aki jumping at the same time and in both I could not believe my eyes.... Cgrts to :ROC and :CAN ... The Olympic stories are often strong and unvelievable. Big upsets but yet I feel there might be a little scandal behind all the DSQ .... Some ppl may start digging ..... But hopefully not let's all believe that DSQ were all true and fair...... What I can just regret is if the :CZE, especially male, was on a level where they were couple years ago, it could be them winning this medal 😀😀..... Anyways, this story is huge

Ski Jumping Canada is based in Calgary, but its national team operates out of Slovenia, a hotspot for the sport. Loutitt lives in Bled, while Strate, Soukup, Boyd-Clowes, Eilers and Nicole Maurer are in Kranj, about 30 minutes away. They all train together in Planica and compete all over Europe and Asia.

Feels like we won two medals today. 

5 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

This has been a really crazy competition. I was watching short track and aki jumping at the same time and in both I could not believe my eyes.... Cgrts to :ROC and :CAN ... The Olympic stories are often strong and unvelievable. Big upsets but yet I feel there might be a little scandal behind all the DSQ .... Some ppl may start digging ..... But hopefully not let's all believe that DSQ were all true and fair...... What I can just regret is if the :CZE, especially male, was on a level where they were couple years ago, it could be them winning this medal 😀😀..... Anyways, this story is huge

Honestly this would have been an amazing result for Canada even without the disqualifications. Beating Czechia and Poland was really impressive for a tiny, underfunded program.