website statistics
Jump to content

Badminton 2020 Discussion Thread


Griff88
 Share

Recommended Posts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Griff88 said:

Lingshui Masters postponed, planned to be held in May.

 

Asian Championships is very likely to have a new venue, with Philippines reported to be interested

This is not going to effect Olympic qualification as it is a 100 tournament.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Griff88 said:

Momota underwent a surgery again after he was back in training. An undetected fracture under his right eye made him seeing "double shuttles"

 

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20200208/k10012278111000.html

With less than 6 months to go for Olympics, a big blow to Momota. He was among the top players in 2016 as well but missed Rio Olympics due to gambling. Now this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Dolby said:

With less than 6 months to go for Olympics, a big blow to Momota. He was among the top players in 2016 as well but missed Rio Olympics due to gambling. Now this. 

It is expected that he needs another 3 months, most likely he will miss all the tournaments until Thomas Cup.

 

He is indeed very unlucky

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

It is expected that he needs another 3 months, most likely he will miss all the tournaments until Thomas Cup.

 

He is indeed very unlucky

Missing Rio was his own dumb fault though, not 'unlucky' :p 

 

This time he was a victim in a car crash? Not the one who caused it, I assume?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Missing Rio was his own dumb fault though, not 'unlucky' :p 

 

This time he was a victim in a car crash? Not the one who caused it, I assume?

 

Well if he was busted after Rio, that will be a different story :p

 

 

Just like Ben Johnson, he was 'unlucky' at Seoul ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was locked
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...