website statistics

Luge FIL World Cup 2019 - 2020

Totallympics

10 minutes ago, dcro said:

Austrian team will boycott the Winterberg stage. Apparently the track's profile was damaged in stormy mild weather conditions this week, what caused several nasty crashes in training.

FIL must be run by a bunch of idiots at this point. Every season they put this horrid Winterberg track at the most inappropraite point of the season. :facepalm: Granted, this year there was no Winter in Europe, but nevertheless, Winterberg should only ever be scheduled in mid-January. That's it.

Day 1

Aparjods and Aparjode

The entire Ukrainian top team (best man, woman and doubles)

Sochowicz

Maag

Ferlazzo

Cretu

Jung

Slovak doubles

Day 2

Aparjode again

Ukrainian doubles again

Nagler/Malleier twice (!)

Jung again and again

Korean doubles

Triple DNS for all four German sleds

Müller

D Gleirscher followed by total DNS' of all Austrians

Yeah those trainings were quite something :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Not only the Austrian team will boycott, the German doubles aren't going to start the race - none of them, Eggert/Benecken have even already left Winterberg. Felix Loch has also announced he won't be starting.

Biggest victim of the training seems to be Stepan Fedorov, who broke a leg.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Not only the Austrian team will boycott, the German doubles aren't going to start the race - none of them, Eggert/Benecken have even already left Winterberg. Felix Loch has also announced he won't be starting.

Biggest victim of the training seems to be Stepan Fedorov, who broke a leg.

Well, now we know who are the parasites of the luge scene (meaning everyone on start lists for tomorrow in spite of it all). :dunno:

#banbestmen

20 minutes ago, dcro said:

Well, now we know who are the parasites of the luge scene (meaning everyone on start lists for tomorrow in spite of it all). :dunno:

That's a bit harsh I think. If I were a luger who had rather normal training runs without too many problems and I'd feel I could compete tomorrow, I wouldn't let yet another German-led decision change my plans (apart from cancellation obviously).

If they're not going to cancel the races, it should be up to each luger whether or not they want to start. Whether or not they should cancel it is another discussion, considering all the problems - and the fact I've already got plenty of stuff to watch :hairpull: - I wouldn't be against it.

Edited by heywoodu

29 minutes ago, dcro said:

so, they are all parasites except for the Germans themselves (those who always put this farce on the schedule, trying to get advantage of these conditions as much as they can) and a few Austrians...:evil::whistle:

By the way, apart from Loch and the doubles, all Germans are on the start lists, pretty much.

Also no Mazdzer/Terdiman who DNS'ed in today's Nations Cup.

Summer Britcher won't start neither and she's got quite some stuff going on on Instagram.

Luckily FIL is finally reading to start taking some responsibility.

Spoiler

Hahahaha.

Winterberg (RWH) The President of the International Luge Federation (FIL), Josef Fendt of Germany, has announced that it is issuing a penalty to Summer Britcher. The reason for the US athlete’s penalty was her unsporting behaviour towards the FIL during proceedings at the Viessmann World Cup in Winterberg. The FIL Presidium will decide on the exact penalty at a later date but Fendt added that the disciplinary measure was inevitable. Summer Britcher posted a discreditable photograph on social media.

During Team Captains Meeting on Friday (February 22, 2020), Bill Taveres, Head coach of the US team, apologized this behaviour officially.

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Summer Britcher won't start neither and she's got quite some stuff going on on Instagram.

God I love Summer. She’s a really fun athlete to follow on social media. Same can be said for Mazdzer. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela