website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Happy Holidays and Birthdays Thread

leli.

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well, I think it’s time for my annual “final post of the year” thingy. I’m this one a bit earlier than usual, so hopefully no one snakes the honor from me :p

As always, 2023 was a lively year on the forum. It felt like the year began with users trying to cancel each other over their opinions on one conflict, and ended with users trying to cancel each other over another. Still, it was nice interacting with all of you during another revolution around the Sun. Whether we were sharing retro video game footage during the TISC, or gasping in disbelief at Femke Bol’s infamous fall, the feeling of togetherness and shared excitement shone through once more. I would like to thank everyone who indulged my incessant posts in the multi-sports games section, shared results documents with me, aided my hosting of the TISC, or simply interacted with me on the forum. I’ve spoken about the personal importance of this website to me in the past, but I can’t understate what an impact it has on my life. It’s there when I want to chat with people; while I anxiously wait at the doctor/dentist/other mundane places; when I need the hottest gossip or newest info on major event, or when I simply need something to scroll through on my phone. I consider many users to be legitimate friends of mine, even if we’ve never met in person. I guess that’s the “true” Magic of Totallympics. 

I wanted to give a shoutout to @Sindo for keeping the forum online and open for another year. To the mod team, @vinipereira @hckošice (and anyone I’m forgetting) for trying to keep threads as civil as possible. To @Wumo for creating so many fun and competitive prediction contests (even if I’m not the most active in the that space). To @Cobi for organizing a wonderful annual edition of the TISC. To @OlympicIRL @mrv86 for their assistance in organizing the open edition of TISC. To @JoshMartini007 @Matej @Benolympique @Mateus Nagime @Laraja @Josh for the frequent and informative updates on Olympic qualification. To anyone who joined this madness this year and stuck around (I don’t have a full list unfortunately). To anyone who contributed to the forum in their own way. 

There’s a lot to look forward to next year; I’m sure none of you need a reminder, so I’ll simply wish all users, their families, their friends, and their fellow country people a wonderful and hopeful new year. I personally hold no ill will towards 2023, but it is exciting to flip the calendar back around and celebrate a new year. 

So with hope in our hearts and in eager anticipation of what lies ahead, let’s prepare to welcome the last Totallympics time zone to 2024 and 33rd modern Olympiad!

Amen :d

Happy New Year everyone :cheer: 

Hope everyone still has all their fingers and such after the fireworks :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 minutes ago, Josh said:

@Olympian1010 small correction, we’re actually not the last time zone to reach 2024 (I’m pretty sure you and I are both PST), as HST (Hawaii Standard Time) is two hours behind us ;)

Last “Totallympics time zone.” No one has traveled to Hawaii to stop my marathon post yet :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...