website statistics

Women's Volleyball FIVB Olympic Qualification Tournaments 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Best case scenario for Canada, 5 - 2 victories, 14 points. It’s hard to see not least 2 of the remaining rivals topping this.

If for instance both Serbia and Dominican Republic have 3-1 victories tomorrow, they will finish in front of Canada, irrespective of the result of the Sunday matches. if they win 3-2 tomorrow, one point on Sunday will do to defeat Canada, but perhaps not to finish in the top 2.

Either China or NL will be at 4-1, 12 or 13 points after today’s match. So even if the winning team today, loses tomorrow, a victory on Sunday will put them at 5-2, with at least 14, but perhaps 16 points.

Given that the 4 rival teams play each other, each result that’s positive for Canada in respect to one team, will at the same time be negative in respect to one of the others.

Edited by Noorderling29

I was very confident about Brazil in this tournament before it started, but after the game against Bulgaria I was already expecting this result, plus we had this sad news that happened earlier today. 

Overall, I'm not satisfied with this team. Let's see if we can beat Belgium and Japan to at least get the second quota.