website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

31 minutes ago, phelps said:

:nopompom: / :sleep:

I'd have liked a lot more something like "come and enjoy the Olympic virus all together" :lol::roflmao::p

No! There is no space for a tiny bit of humor in something super serious as a motto :mad:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Personally, I like it. United by emotions that sounds nice and true, we all will be united by emotions during the two Tokyo weeks. For me +1 for this motto.

In that case, we can give this motto to every sport event (basically), because those of us who watch event A are all united by emotions around it :p 

That's what I meant when saying generic. Much like horoscopes: it basically goes for anything.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

And here are generic interpretations of the generic motto.

“The Games motto encapsulates the Games vision, capturing the essence of the ideas and concepts that the host city wishes to share with the world,” the organizers explained.

“‘United by Emotion’ expresses the hope that the spectators, volunteers, and athletes from over 200 National Olympic Committees and the Refugee Olympic Team gathering in Tokyo this summer, as well as the billions watching on television and online across the globe, will come together and understand that there is more that unites than divides them.”

spongebob squarepants wow GIF

#banbestmen

United by Emotion of Tokyo and Passion Connected of Pyeongchang in Chinese almost share the same translation which means Passionate Party. I guess the Korean and Japanese version are more or less the same. Maybe that's the reason why no official Japanese version motto at all. 

19 minutes ago, dcro said:

And here are generic interpretations of the generic motto.

spongebob squarepants wow GIF

I tried to read it but every time I try, my brain melts a little so I thought it'd be better to give up.