website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Olympic Channel is hiring Tokyo 2020 bloggers.

https://olympicchannelservices.com/ocs_jobs/965/

One of the job qualifications is Strong knowledge of Olympics sports. Totallympians should do well in that department. :p

I told @Vojthas to try and get himself hired, since we won’t cover the games themselves most likely. I can’t do it since I’d be there, but I’m almost certain I could’ve landed that job or the editing job. I’m tempted to apply, but I’d probably have to call off my trip then, and it’s not worth it. I fully intend to be in Birmingham next year, so hopefully the OC/OIS/IWGA will be hiring because I’d love to be paid at some point.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Agger said:

Tempting to give it a go though I don't think my CV would be that interesting for them :p I am out of job afterall ;)

You could always easily some sports journalism experience to that CV of course :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

36 minutes ago, dcro said:

Olympic Channel is hiring Tokyo 2020 bloggers.

https://olympicchannelservices.com/ocs_jobs/965/

One of the job qualifications is Strong knowledge of Olympics sports. Totallympians should do well in that department. :p

Screw it, I applied.

13 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

12 hour days is too much for people with jobs :(...

I made myself sick doing it for Lausanne, hopefully I’ve built up an immunity now :d

11 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I made myself sick doing it for Lausanne, hopefully I’ve built up an immunity now :d

Six hours would have been doable.

There must be some kind of labor laws against this, though since it's freelance I guess there's not...

12 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Six hours would have been doable.

There must be some kind of labor laws against this, though since it's freelance I guess there's not...

I don’t see why. I made myself sick out of a love for what I’m doing. Most journalists work all day. We love what we do. I’d work for the OC for free low key, just to know that I helped people enjoy the games in some fashion. 

Most journalism work is freelance by the way for those who don’t know. Usually only editors and a few reporters are actually hired by outlets. 

From what I’ve heard, the money is from writing adverts and press realeases.