website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

25 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

So, when are we expecting the next news on THE IOC - Russia case. Qualification tournaments are coming, are they banned from competing, are they allowed, are they going to boycott? What happens to the quotas they have already achieved? 

We have wait for the CAS case to finish.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

19 hours ago, Federer91 said:

What happens to the quotas they have already achieved? 

Depends if they compete as independent athletes. If not, the quotas will be reallocated based on the reallocation process from each sport.

So far, Russia has appealed to the CAS, no date has been set.

18 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

And when is that? :d

Whenever CAS decides to reveal their opinion (probably some time in the Spring).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

22 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

And when is that? :d

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Whenever CAS decides to reveal their opinion (probably some time in the Spring).

10 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Depends if they compete as independent athletes. If not, the quotas will be reallocated based on the reallocation process from each sport.

So far, Russia has appealed to the CAS, no date has been set.

https://tass.com/sport/1103261

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1088640/bonnard-lawson-appointed-in-cas-case

https://www.tas-cas.org/en/general-information/news-detail/article/list-of-cas-hearings-1.html

With gymnastics finally updating most of the continental qualifiers we now have almost all the qualification dates. What I'm missing are...

2020 African Water Polo Olympic Qualification Event

2020 African Trampoline Championships

2020 World Surfing Games

I'm 95% sure there will not be an African water polo qualification event and the quota will be reallocated to the final qualification tournament. I also know the World Surfing Games will be held in May, but the specific dates won't be announced until a host is chosen. If anyone finds one of those dates (especially the African Trampoline Championships) let me know.

Em 10/01/2020 em 16:04, JoshMartini007 disse:

2020 World Surfing Games

I'm 95% sure there will not be an African water polo qualification event and the quota will be reallocated to the final qualification tournament. I also know the World Surfing Games will be held in May, but the specific dates won't be announced until a host is chosen. If anyone finds one of those dates (especially the African Trampoline Championships) let me know.

There is no official information yet. But, I've already heard from different places that the ISA World Surfing Games 2020 will be in Japan, again.

here there's an indication of that.

Edited by Laraja