website statistics

Tokyo Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

5 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

I’m not super worried yet, there’s still a few months for things to play out, but I’m concerned about losing too much should the games be cancelled. Cancellation would really harm the Japanese economy I’d imagine. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m not super worried yet, there’s still a few months for things to play out, but I’m concerned about losing too much should the games be cancelled. Cancellation would really harm the Japanese economy I’d imagine. 

Cancellation will harm the olympics and might cause an irreversible damage, especially with groups like nolympicsla or counterparts in paris looking for a way out

6 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Cancellation will harm the olympics and might cause an irreversible damage, especially with groups like nolympicsla or counterparts in paris looking for a way out

I think the IOC would be okay in this situation because they would be seen as protecting athletes, spectators, and Japanese citizens if the coronavirus is really bad enough to cause cancellation.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

I think the IOC would be okay in this situation because they would be seen as protecting athletes, spectators, and Japanese citizens if the coronavirus is really bad enough to cause cancellation.

oh they will find a way to spin it

56 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

They talked to Dick Pound about it. I can’t trust a man named Dick Pound :p 

3 minutes ago, bmo said:

They talked to Dick Pound about it. I can’t trust a man named Dick Pound :p 

He is the longest serving IOC member, and someone who is seen as the most vocal critique or how the IOC conducts its business. Plus, how can you not love a Dick Pound? 

1 hour ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

I think that even if the games will go on you will see A LOT of athletes decline to go (starting with NBA Players, Golfers and Tennis players)

There’s too many variables to really through around theories like that right. I’ve maintained that we need to see where the world is in April/May. 

Edited by Olympian1010