website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

For me individual is the most interesting race though. No counting the chickens like i.e. Eckhoff or Herrmann can afford to miss twice and still win by 30 secs. :p

And I agree (well, for me it's close between the mass start and the individual) and @Werloc could very much have my bow (if I actually had it anylonger) for the battle for the event.

For others it's different, and the sports need fans and consider what helps here. Of course we traditionalists (in most ways at least) should fight for what we think is right. But do at least give a little thought to those who like it another way.

3 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Biathlon is doing just fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

If there’s a chance for improvement, take it!  Biathlon is doing fine, and being ahead of game could mean that it will be doing fine for a long time to come.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

I fucking knew you’d be transphobic

Exactly the sentiment I expected and why it'd be wise to just leave this out of here for now. In an incredibly complicated discussion, which transgenders in sports definitely form, someone doesn't agree and immediately the 'transphobic' flies around.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

You’re too old to see the needed change.

And who decides whether a change is needed? Some 20 year old American like you? Please, don't make me laugh... :lol:

Donald Trump would be proud of your logic in this thread. It's "MY WAY or the highway" :p

Just now, heywoodu said:

Exactly the sentiment I expected and why it'd be wise to just leave this out of here for now. In an incredibly complicated discussion, which transgenders in sports definitely form, someone doesn't agree and immediately the 'transphobic' flies around.

You do realize Olympian likes to start a political war in every thread and thinks he's right all the time? :whistle:

Just now, heywoodu said:

Do you accept Brazilians who completely wiped the floor with Jesipionok?

Well, Lithuania is still "heartbroken" after Elisabeth Tobias threw away our nationality half a year after The Olympics and became Jewish or something. 

So I'd say that's unlikely, seeing as our athlete nationalising history is probably at a huge number of 4 or 5?

Very closed-minded country.

As for Jesipionok, she's a talent. She lost more time in that IBU sprint than she did in a World Championships sprint :lol:

4 minutes ago, Werloc said:

In before Simona Fourcade debuts in 2021 to get all of those medals that he didn't win whilst his brother reigned supreme. 

But that’s not how it would (or at least should work). That’s why the issue is complicated. Most athletes I know want a fair competition, I think someone would receive a lot of blowback if they did that.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Nearly 15 pages in one evening in the regular biathlon discussion thread. If I didn't know any better I'd think one of the athletes had gone on a shooting rampage during competition.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, Werloc said:

has she ever been on skis before? If yes, we take her. 

Well, she’s like 75, so who knows. Fluent in the language, and cooks some good traditional food...

5 minutes ago, Wumo said:

Well, not really a sentence you want to read before going to bed. I'm not sure how this will affect my sleep to be honest? :lol:

Sorry :p I just couldn’t like that opportunity slip by.