website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

Just now, Werloc said:

If we keep this up, we're going to get a brand new thread :clap:

Or have some magic erasing come tomorrow morning...

All I can say, is that @RobtheAggie will be very exited, confused, and then sad.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I would like an 'Ugh' reaction. Since we don't have it, I'll just go 'Ugh'. 

Ugh.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Did everyone fill in the survey though? Shame on everyone who's here and didn't.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

That’s your opinion. Looking for improvements is a good thing. It’s how we cure disease, come up with new technology, etc. That’s what set you and me apart. I move forward towards the future, while you stand still. 

I think wind compensation points were a good compromise to a difficult issue.

Wind having an effect in outdoor sport? That's not an issue, It's called Mother Nature :p

Biathlon enters 100+ athletes in World Cup and even more in IBU Cup thru junior events. If someone wants to fix something that is not broken it's an automatic "NO" from me.

If we have like 60 athletes from 8 countries in biathlon World Cup then you might call for a change. But not when we have 100+ competitors from 20+ nations.

Just now, heywoodu said:

Did everyone fill in the survey though? Shame on everyone who's here and didn't.

Shame on who posted that. Look what them and the IBU started :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Monzanator said:

I did. And I ignored all the climate change crap options. I don't care about that :evil:

I selected the medium option and then switched to "No" when any of the Yes options meant you had to tell in which ways :lol: 

Right, it's been fun but it's long past bedtime :d See ya

Just now, Monzanator said:

Wind having an effect in outdoor sport? That's not an issue, It's called Mother Nature :p

Biathlon enters 100+ athletes in World Cup and even more in IBU Cup thru junior events. If someone wants to fix something that is not broken it's an automatic "NO" from me.

If we have like 60 athletes from 8 countries in biathlon World Cup then you might call for a change. But not when we have 100+ competitors from 20+ nations.

Many athletes doesn’t equal not worth improving. We could have more athletes, or more competitive athletes. There’s between 190-220 countries in the world depending upon your beliefs, 25-30 seems rather low. While 100 countries can’t reasonably compete, the number still seems low then.

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I did. And I ignored all the climate change crap options. I don't care about that :evil:

Yes, of course. Sport should fuck the planet over! I forget about that Olympic moral.

Edited by Olympian1010

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I selected the medium option and then switched to "No" when any of the Yes options meant you had to tell in which ways :lol: 

Right, it's been fun but it's long past bedtime :d See ya

Yeah, the IBU got a paragraph for me :p. Mostly practical stuff like, have recycling drives at events, clean up after yourself, clean up the bullets, cut down less trees when making trails, etc.