website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

2 hours ago, kungshamra71 said:

fans killing each other because they are pro Messi and pro Ronaldo and look at them having fun and enjoying the fact that they’re the greatests of all time.

Ah, those never-ending discussions about 'my favourite is the best ever' vs 'no, my favourite is the best ever', always taking into consideration only the ones who scored the most goals in the past 15 years or so instead of really trying to look for the best ever :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Ah, those never-ending discussions about 'my favourite is the best ever' vs 'no, my favourite is the best ever', always taking into consideration only the ones who scored the most goals in the past 15 years or so instead of really trying to look for the best ever :d 

Not really though, otherwise I think some Iranian dude would be the best using that goals metric.

Still, to those that keep pushing to “my favorite is the best ever” discussion I just say “don’t discuss and enjoy football “

I for sure did enjoyed the past years watching those two monsters playing :d

19 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Not really though, otherwise I think some Iranian dude would be the best using that goals metric.

In the big leagues, I mean :p 

One basically never hears any other player but attackers (and a rare midfielder here or there) mentioned in the 'best player ever discussion', which in reality is only the 'most succesful attacker discussion' :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

34 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

May be an image of 5 people

France's Injuries :cry:

Who are the four around Benzema?

14 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Pogba , kante, Nkunku and Kimpembe

Ah of course, I knew one of them looked familiar, but that's Pogba now that you mention it :d 

He's out? Well damn, that can't be good for France.

Infantino doing his best to keep the conversation about football :p

The speech began, though, with Infantino appearing to suggest that his own experiences as a son of Italian immigrants in Switzerland gave him a deep understanding of migrant workers and other minorities in Qatar.

“Today I feel Qatari,” he said. “Today I feel Arabic. Today I feel African. Today I feel gay. Today I feel disabled. Today I feel [like] a migrant worker.”

He added: “Of course I am not Qatari, I am not an Arab, I am not African, I am not gay, I am not disabled. But I feel like it, because I know what it means to be discriminated [against], to be bullied, as a foreigner in a foreign country. As a child I was bullied – because I had red hair and freckles, plus I was Italian, so imagine.”

Later it was pointed out that in his opening monologue, he had missed out half the world’s population. “I feel like a woman too!” Infantino added.

Link: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/19/fifa-gianni-infantino-world-cup-qatar

This entire article is one gaint WTF moment. Certainly a memorable World Cup, even if not for the football…

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela