website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

16 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

slavery existed in all Civilizations , but it ended since hundreds of years , except for big empires' Colonizations where people from Africa and other weak countries were transported regularly as slaves to all over Europe and America , i guess Japanese also did the same with Korean and Chinese people , but they apologized for this for many years and they knew very well that they did harm humanity in those countries , but i guess a lot of Europeans don't really care about this 

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't disagree with the general point about this (at all), but he could have mentioned almost literally any other time period than '3000 years', simply because 3000 years ago Europe was way way way behind large parts of the world (specifically the Middle East where by that time entire civilizations had already come and gone) in terms of things like having cities and 'nations' and all the consequences that come with it :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't disagree with the general point about this (at all), but he could have mentioned almost literally any other time period than '3000 years', simply because 3000 years ago Europe was way way way behind large parts of the world (specifically the Middle East where by that time entire civilizations had already come and gone) in terms of things like having cities and 'nations' and all the consequences that come with it :p 

his quotation really made me laugh anyway :d

3 hours ago, Agger said:

Yeah. If 6500 dead migrant workers didn't show FIFA what a disgrace this is, I'm sure ruining the relationship with one of FIFA's sponsors will help FIFA understanding what a huge mistake this is! 

But then again... Infantino's press conference doesn't show any understanding. God, I'm embarrassed as a football fan!

Nobody in Poland would even consider Budweiser a "beer" though. The who ra-ra stuff will go away sooner rather than later, does anyone remember the protests in 2014 when Brazil was under presssure to "hide" some of the favela poverty? Yeah, does anyone remember that eight years later? Will anyone care about Qatar's Islamic rules in 30 days time? Of course not. So let's don't pretend any uproar here will change anything because it won't.

9 minutes ago, LuizGuilherme said:

The world cup starts tomorrow and Brazil stills in Turim 

Looks like even them wants to stay in Catar the shorterst time as possible :p

That can be arranged. As I told my family-in-law in Brazil last week:

Brazil - Serbia 0-2

Brazil - Switzerland 0-3

Brazil - Cameroon 0-1

:p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

Only 1 day left before the start of the WC :hyper: (Qatar please pay me, as i am an unpaid fan of the World Cup 🌎 ;))

+1 i'm actually hyped , despite the fact many people aren't even in the Arab region :d