website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

2 hours ago, bestmen said:

FIFA confirms no alcohol to be sold at Qatar World Cup stadiums

supporters are shocked ...Well done Qatar :roflmao:

Yeah. If 6500 dead migrant workers didn't show FIFA what a disgrace this is, I'm sure ruining the relationship with one of FIFA's sponsors will help FIFA understanding what a huge mistake this is! 

But then again... Infantino's press conference doesn't show any understanding. God, I'm embarrassed as a football fan!

And surprise, the bought fans (who have their stuff paid so they will post enthusiastic things and share and like third-party posts on social media) have their allowances cut :lol: 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/18/fans-paid-to-attend-world-cup-by-qatar-have-daily-allowance-cancelled

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, Agger said:

Yeah. If 6500 dead migrant workers didn't show FIFA what a disgrace this is, I'm sure ruining the relationship with one of FIFA's sponsors will help FIFA understanding what a huge mistake this is! 

But then again... Infantino's press conference doesn't show any understanding. God, I'm embarrassed as a football fan!

For many years, people thought Blatter was the face of corruption and 'evil within football'.

Infantino: "Hold my beer."

No, this alcohol thing will absolutely not help FIFA understanding what a huge mistake this is. Perhaps financially, but that's about it, and I doubt that as well.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

18 minutes ago, Agger said:

There is no perfect country , why dont you say that to USA when they host something ...about what they did in hiroshima, vietnam, 30 millions homeless they have , kids in prisons....etc ? 

1 minute ago, bestmen said:

There is no perfect country , why dont you say that to USA when they host something ...about what they did in hiroshima, vietnam, 30 millions homeless they have , kids in prisons....etc ? 

I'll happily criticize the US (believe me, I do that quite a lot), but that's not the point. This is 6500 people who died preparing the country for the World Cup due to slave-like conditions. This World Cup (and other prestige projects from Qatar) cost lives. Sports should NOT do so!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

For many years, people thought Blatter was the face of corruption and 'evil within football'.

Infantino: "Hold my beer."

No, this alcohol thing will absolutely not help FIFA understanding what a huge mistake this is. Perhaps financially, but that's about it, and I doubt that as well.

It is beyond mine understanding that grown up people can beleive in some ideals like whoever is in charge of organizations like FIFA would be some non corrupt freedom fighter. It's like in politics. You can't get elected if you're not in some sort of scheme and even if you aren't in the begining, you will find out pretty quickly how all of this works.