website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2022 - 2023

Totallympics

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

It's literally Squaw Valley. World Cup was last held there in 2017 IIRC (Shiffrin won both GS & slalom) ;)

Today I learned Squaw Valley is in California instead of New York or something :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Today I learned Squaw Valley is in California instead of New York or something :d 

I had the same problem with Lake Placid many moons ago. This was the time when I thought the entire state of New York looks like New York City :lol:

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

On behalf of all Californians, I take offense :p

The Sierra Nevada (“Sierras”) is honestly my favorite part of the state. There are many cool places in California, but nothing quite captures my imagination the same. However, I don’t think Tahoe would top my list of best destinations in the Sierras. Definitely worth a trip if you ever cross the Atlantic though :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

18 minutes ago, phelps said:

it looks that today's women's DH won't be staged...

fog changing place every few minutes...next jury decision at Noon (but with very few hopes)...

Men’s race from California also threatened by global warming & drought, which combine to produce record snowfalls on The Mountains Called Snowy.

Palisades Tahoe got over a meter of snow in the last three or four days :yikes:

The weather is really crazy when California (the land of perennial drought) is getting blanketed in snow and Europeans are basically begging for it.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Alpine Skiing- Men’s Giant Slalom: Feb 25, 2023 | Palisades Tahoe, California :USA

Final Results: 

Gold- Marco Schwartz :AUT 

Silver- Marco Odermatt :SUI

Bronze- Rasmus Windingstad :NOR

ADDC2FCC-21A9-47E8-BD4A-ABAD6CBE3F0B.jpeg

Full Results Here

Edited by Josh