website statistics

Alpine Skiing FIS World Cup 2022 - 2023

Totallympics

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

when was last time a BIB 45 on a WC Slalom podium ?

Will have to check for slalom specifically, but i vividly remember Marc Berthod winning the Adelboden GS in 2007. With BIB 60 he was 27th in first run and then won the race :cheer:

It's too bad that Ginnis had to miss the Olympics last year due to injury, but I'm excited to see what he can do in 2026. Our best ever placing at the Winter Olympics (in any sport) was 13th, so I hope he can break that record :)

3 hours ago, Dragon said:

Think there was a downhill race in the 80s or 90s where the TV cameras had stopped recording and gone home before someone with a start number in the 60s came down in 2nd place.

I remember :AUT Josef Strobl winning Val d'Isere downhill with bib #61 in 1994. He won one of the training runs and Eurosport stayed with the live coverage until he was on start and he promptly won the race :p

The situation you refer to was probably :SLO Katja Koren winning Flachau Super G with bib #66 in 1993. I don't remeber seeing that live on TV. One year later Koren won Olympic bronze in slalom with bib #33.

Or maybe :LIE Markus Foser winning Val Gardena downhill with bib #66 in 1993?

Edited by Monzanator

the highest winning bib ever was :LIE Markus Foser's #66 in Val Gardena in 1994.

here's a complete list by discipline of the highest winning bibs:

I can also tell you that in men's slalom there have been 3 wins with a bib higher than #45: #47, #60, #64

meanwhile #54, #63 and #65 made the podium once each, but they were not on the winner's shoulders.

those stats have been taken "only" since the 1998/1999, though (therefore there might be more high "lucky numbers").

• 3 weeks later...

Vlhová competing in a speed event this season, definitely would not expect that. however, yeah it was still just a training so still will not be certain until she starts in the real race tomorrow :d https://www.fis-ski.com/DB/general/results.html?sectorcode=AL&raceid=114167

Edited by hckošice

California is getting blasted by snow right now too. LA area mountains had their first blizzard warning since 1989 this week. Tahoe is getting a decent amount of snow too from what I understand :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela