website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2016

rybak

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Bohemia:

WTF are these results, Ukraine wasn't that good! Australia and Russia were ok but not the best, and the biggest WTF is Poland, sorry but it was the song I liked the least... And I don't really understand Germany being last because I quite enjoyed the song.

This new system is very weird!

I agree about everything, i was shocked that Poland got so many points from the people at home, but in the end its not too surprising. 3 eastern european countries got the highest scores from people at home (Poland, Ukraine and Russia), i dont think its a coincidence. We have 11 points more than last year, but still last, i dont think that we can do anything to get a better result, this competition is 100% politics. Even the german jury decision seemed to be 100% political, Israel was pretty bad but we still gave them 12 points and our jury said that they also liked Belgium very much, i guess they just have a different taste. I would be really happy if we would leave this contest and save our money, we shouldnt finance this contest anymore.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Well it's over and I'm really disappointed. Apart from that, I don't even have the courage to look at my bets yet because I think it's gone quite horrible :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 4 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

1. Ukraine --> Meh.....bad song, bad voice, bad show, lot of screaming

2. Australia --> Pretty good song, great voice

3. Russia --> Typical standard popsong, not bad (way better than Ukraine obviously), but absolutely nothing special

4. Bulgaria --> Don't really remember the song to be honest, but I remember thinking it was pretty ok

5. Sweden --> What the hell? Did they ever teach this boy to sing? He was singing "dance!" and all he did was slightly move to the right

6. France --> It was quite good I guess

7. Armenia --> Mostly male voters I suppose, easy song, but good looks

8. Poland --> After Ukraine winning, Poland ending 3rd in the televoting is the biggest joke of the night

9. Lithuania --> It didn't impress me enough to remember it

10. Belgium --> We were mostly wondering how they could end up so high

11. Netherlands --> Basically as expected, in fact, exactly what the bookmakers had expected

:p 

Germany being in last is pretty much expected with that "interesting" performance, Czech Republic 25th as well although I quite liked the Czech song :( 

More drama for UK, but I guess that won't ever end anytime soon. 

German result has nothing to do with the performance, Jamie-Lee is at least among the 5 best singers here, clearly better than the guy from Russia or the ukrainian girl, but this contest isnt about music.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

But the main thing about this year's Eurovision. In general the lovest level of music that I can remember. Only one or two songs that I would consider listening to in the future. None of them were in the top 10 (Iceland not even in the final). I sure hope the music is better next year!

Really sad for Australia, she was clearly the best in my opinion.

This new system was "great", in the way that showed everyone how horrible are the "people's vote", where the winners are allways the Eastern countries with the biggest number of neighbours.... 

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Agger:

None the less they are NOT European countries. I'm not confused at all, I just think it's pathetic how some non-European countries are different than others. I could mention Morocco as well who has also taken part..

I did as well think it was a weird idea when Australia joined, but things are changing and the contest is evolving. It is the EBU who decide it

And 100 % politics? What politics gave Måns the win last year?

Ukraine wasn't my favourite, but it really was much more interesting than the other favourites, and I'm personally happy that Russia or Australia didn't win this.

Ukraine only won because they had an anti-russian song, last year there was no song like that, so Sweden, a "neutral" country won. Sweden isnt doing anything at an international stage, so no one has a problem with them. If you want to win this contest, you should select a political song or some weird artist like Conchita Wurst or Lordi, please dont tell me that those are good singers ...

Even Lena is a horrible singer, but she had a funny song and was good looking, which was enough to win. You just have to look at the british entries to know that this competition isnt about music really, otherwise GB would win this competition with their best possible entries every year.

4 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

German result has nothing to do with the performance, Jamie-Lee is at least among the 5 best singers here, clearly better than the guy from Russia or the ukrainian girl, but this contest isnt about music.

It's like Germany had the same thing the Dutch had until a couple of years ago: "let's dress her up as 'strange' as possible, maybe it'll score", it doesn't. I have nothing against Germany clearly, but I really found this song to be boring. Then again, that's what I thought of 80% of the songs of tonight. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Juste maintenant , OlympicsFan a déclaré:

Ukraine only won because they had an anti-russian song, last year there was no song like that, so Sweden, a "neutral" country won. Sweden isnt doing anything at an international stage, so no one has a problem with them. If you want to win this contest, you should select a political song or some weird artist like Conchita Wurst or Lordi, please dont tell me that those are good singers ...

Even Lena is a horrible singer, but she had a funny song and was good looking, which was enough to win. You just have to look at the british entries to know that this competition isnt about music really, otherwise GB would win this competition with their best possible entries every year.

correct and now  you understand why i told you  that usa was behind this win