website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2016

rybak

2 minutes ago, Adriano said:

The Netherlands song was overrated, and simply old-fasioned and it was a copy of  previous songs (Netherlands 2014, Estonia 2015, Belgium 2010. Finland 2014, Cyprus 2010) It should not qualify to even final. It is a shame for jury.

Belgium, Lithuania, Netherlands, France (the worst performance for Amir, I love his videoclip, but live was so bad)- was overrated in jury Voting

On the other hand as a previous user of Serbia said that has many voted from Balcans (and Switzerland), I was a sceptical, but this song has really great message, and has a small nuber of votes, but British One Direction Joe and Jake has more and overrated Netherlands. Latvian entry was so great and the same story. Tele-voting  was great this year: high points for Armenia, Ukraine, Russia, Australia, Bulgaria, Austria, Poland, Sweden,

Federer91 said very well, Poland has a big community, but even Hozier said that Michal was great

How the heck can Slow down be a copy of Me and my guitar or even more Finland 2014 (I'm guessing that you mean 2011 with Paradise Oskar).

But having a guy with a guitar is nothing new and Slow down was way different than these ;)

38 minut temu, Agger napisał:

How the heck can Slow down be a copy of Me and my guitar or even more Finland 2014 (I'm guessing that you mean 2011 with Paradise Oskar).

But having a guy with a guitar is nothing new and Slow down was way different than these ;)

like Michał was a Conchita 

To be honest this song has a points from juries for being a great handsome man who can play a quitar. And it was the same before. This song was truly annoying after one "Slown Down". It is so similar to the dutch entry from 2014. Televoters do not like this. Linnets was great, many countries voted for it, I send many text messages for this song,

It is not sth like "Poland has a big community" and This was the worst song in contest. In juries we have for example people from OGAE and workers from national television.And it is for heywooodu so importand like oracle in Delphi. Dutch entry was so great thanks to it, People from the world do not have a chance to simply said by voting that do not like this song.

We have many voted, okey UK, Sweden, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Belgium - big community, but even you can check the yt - 5 points to Poland from Russia or Albania, Estonia (it is not a community)! You are simply xenophobic heywoodu.

-------

heywoodu said:,, But yeah, I agree about the whole "what the hell is Poland doing in 3rd place" thing. Well it's obvious, Poland will always score high in televote even if they send the worst singer ever, simply because Polish are in every country and will vote like crazy to get Poland up high. They had a mediocre singer this time, with quite a boring appearance and an even more boring song (I only remember "what color is your life" or something)...as shown by the jury. "

PLEASE CHECK THIS and start to discuss - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poland_in_the_Eurovision_Song_Contest

RESPECT THE PEOPLE: http://eurovisionworld.com/?eurovision=2016#poland

Edited by Adriano

Come on,guys, it just a song contest.:d Of course, everyone will be happy to see his/her country to win, but in the end it is just a song festival though with its winner. 

Like Bulgarian song very much, Australia, Ukraine were good. Our song was bad, but here noone cared about that much, everybody was discussing our singers' decollete :lol::lol::lol:

On 15.05.2016 at 19:20, Il_qar said:

Come on,guys, it just a song contest.:d Of course, everyone will be happy to see his/her country to win, but in the end it is just a song festival though with its winner. 

Like Bulgarian song very much, Australia, Ukraine were good. Our song was bad, but here noone cared about that much, everybody was discussing our singers' decollete :lol::lol::lol:

Samra was modest (except everything was in gold), esp comparing to Armenia :lol:

I hope Azerbaijan stops buying Swedish songs and put a stake at their own material, with a proper national selection this time (not doing everything in the last week).

On 5/15/2016 at 16:29, Adriano said:

like Michał was a Conchita 

To be honest this song has a points from juries for being a great handsome man who can play a quitar. And it was the same before. This song was truly annoying after one "Slown Down". It is so similar to the dutch entry from 2014. Televoters do not like this. Linnets was great, many countries voted for it, I send many text messages for this song,

It is not sth like "Poland has a big community" and This was the worst song in contest. In juries we have for example people from OGAE and workers from national television.And it is for heywooodu so importand like oracle in Delphi. Dutch entry was so great thanks to it, People from the world do not have a chance to simply said by voting that do not like this song.

We have many voted, okey UK, Sweden, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, Belgium - big community, but even you can check the yt - 5 points to Poland from Russia or Albania, Estonia (it is not a community)! You are simply xenophobic heywoodu.

-------

heywoodu said:,, But yeah, I agree about the whole "what the hell is Poland doing in 3rd place" thing. Well it's obvious, Poland will always score high in televote even if they send the worst singer ever, simply because Polish are in every country and will vote like crazy to get Poland up high. They had a mediocre singer this time, with quite a boring appearance and an even more boring song (I only remember "what color is your life" or something)...as shown by the jury. "

PLEASE CHECK THIS and start to discuss - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poland_in_the_Eurovision_Song_Contest

RESPECT THE PEOPLE: http://eurovisionworld.com/?eurovision=2016#poland

Unfortunately this Wikipedia-link doesn't give the exact judge + televoting results per year. I would love to see those numbers, but I'm guessing in the past years Poland would year after year get more points from televoting than from jury, because well, there's a lot of Polish people around Europe voting for Poland.

It would be great to see those numbers over the years :)

Apart from all that, I'm just saying countries that will get a lot of televoting points no matter what kind of song they send have a big advantage with the new voting/vote announcement system. 

This has nothing to do with xenophobia by the way, which is a fear of that what is foreign. I have no fear of Polish music.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Unfortunately this Wikipedia-link doesn't give the exact judge + televoting results per year. I would love to see those numbers, but I'm guessing in the past years Poland would year after year get more points from televoting than from jury, because well, there's a lot of Polish people around Europe voting for Poland.

This has nothing to do with xenophobia by the way, which is a fear of that what is foreign. I have no fear of Polish music.

No doubt about that (you can see the split results at each edition). With 2010 being the exception, Poland have been given more by the televoters, but usually not as extreme.

2014 was more or less as extreme but I would dare saying that it was just as much because of the girls as it was polish voters (I do at least know a couple of guys who voted for them because of them)

4 часа назад, Xander сказал:

Samra was modest (except everything was in gold), esp comparing to Armenia :lol:

I hope Azerbaijan stops buying Swedish songs and put a stake at their own material, with a proper national selection this time (not doing everything in the last week).

Well, we had the national selection, but probably you were not following it:d 

Your point about our/not Swedish song is very reasonable, especially considering the fact that we had this experience once (during our 1st participation). 

On 17.05.2016 at 20:16, Il_qar said:

Well, we had the national selection, but probably you were not following it:d 

Your point about our/not Swedish song is very reasonable, especially considering the fact that we had this experience once (during our 1st participation).

You mean the Voice? I've been following the last 4 editions)) The contest for songwriters had been announced earlier than announcing the performer. We found out about Samra on March 10, 1 week before the deadline.

Everyone expects another Swedish production from Azerbaijan and then you surprise everyone with a quality native song.

• 4 months later...