website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2016

rybak

I don't know if it's coincidence, but my tv stopped when the Ukrainian started singing her song again :mumble:

Even the superstandard and extremely cheesy Russian song was better...damn, I wish Australia would have won. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 1 Minute schrieb Federer91:

Amazing for Poli Genova, the real non-political winner. :d:clap::banana:

Haha good joke, i guess Australia was only so good because of political reasons, the same was true for Ukraine and Russia.

Some people voted for Russia for political reasons and some people voted for Ukraine for political reasons, but without politics everyone wouldve voted for Bulgaria ... :lol:

Bulgaria was better than Ukraine and Russia, but Australia was better than all of them, i think top 3 wouldve been a fair result for you.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Amazing for Poli Genova, the real non-political winner. :d:clap::banana:

:lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

WTF are these results, Ukraine wasn't that good! Australia and Russia were ok but not the best, and the biggest WTF is Poland, sorry but it was the song I liked the least... And I don't really understand Germany being last because I quite enjoyed the song.

This new system is very weird!

vor 1 Minute schrieb bestmen:

only americans voted against russia

Yeah sure ...

Thats also the reason why algeria didnt win, american people didnt want algerian music to become too strong, so they didnt allow Algeria to compete ...

In addition to that i dont think that its possible to vote against someone and i dont think that many american people cared enough about this contest to vote ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1. Ukraine --> Meh.....bad song, bad voice, bad show, lot of screaming

2. Australia --> Pretty good song, great voice

3. Russia --> Typical standard popsong, not bad (way better than Ukraine obviously), but absolutely nothing special

4. Bulgaria --> Don't really remember the song to be honest, but I remember thinking it was pretty ok

5. Sweden --> What the hell? Did they ever teach this boy to sing? He was singing "dance!" and all he did was slightly move to the right

6. France --> It was quite good I guess

7. Armenia --> Mostly male voters I suppose, easy song, but good looks

8. Poland --> After Ukraine winning, Poland ending 3rd in the televoting is the biggest joke of the night

9. Lithuania --> It didn't impress me enough to remember it

10. Belgium --> We were mostly wondering how they could end up so high

11. Netherlands --> Basically as expected, in fact, exactly what the bookmakers had expected

:p 

Germany being in last is pretty much expected with that "interesting" performance, Czech Republic 25th as well although I quite liked the Czech song :( 

More drama for UK, but I guess that won't ever end anytime soon. 

Edited by heywoodu

Juste maintenant , OlympicsFan a déclaré:

Yeah sure ...

Thats also the reason why algeria didnt win, american people didnt want algerian music to become too strong, so they didnt allow Algeria to compete ...

In addition to that i dont think that its possible to vote against someone and i dont think that many american people cared enough about this contest to vote ...

the US are always behind the juries  in everything :d

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

What are you actually trying to say? You seem to be completely confused ...

Israel, Azerbaijan or Armenia are also part of european sport organizations for example, so you cant compare those nations to Australia, in addition to that those countries for example dont have a completely different time zone and their are many more reasons why those countries are seen as "more" european than Australia.

When did Armenia, Azerbaijan, Israel become part of ESC and when exactly should i have complained about their introduction?

What a joke that Ukraine won, their song was horrible ... This contest is 100% politics, its really disgusting. Its also interesting that 3 eastern european nations (Poland, Ukraine and Russia) had more votes from people at home than all other countries ... I guess those were just the best songs ... :lol:

None the less they are NOT European countries. I'm not confused at all, I just think it's pathetic how some non-European countries are different than others. I could mention Morocco as well who has also taken part..

I did as well think it was a weird idea when Australia joined, but things are changing and the contest is evolving. It is the EBU who decide it

And 100 % politics? What politics gave Måns the win last year?

Ukraine wasn't my favourite, but it really was much more interesting than the other favourites, and I'm personally happy that Russia or Australia didn't win this.