website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2016

rybak

10 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Haha good joke, i guess Australia was only so good because of political reasons, the same was true for Ukraine and Russia.

Some people voted for Russia for political reasons and some people voted for Ukraine for political reasons, but without politics everyone wouldve voted for Bulgaria ... :lol:

Bulgaria was better than Ukraine and Russia, but Australia was better than all of them, i think top 3 wouldve been a fair result for you.

Of course Australia was a political choice, it was the EBU/SVT favourite, after all it was their birth child. We know they treat Russia as the end of the world if they win and Ukraine wasn't a good choice either for them. You could see it in the grimm look of Jon Ola Sand when saying the televotes were counted. They thought they had it in the bag after decimating Russia in the jury vote and pimping Australia to the max, but didn't expect Ukraine to do so well in the televote with such a dark song, so their plan backfired. Australia winning would have opened even more the doors for EBU/SVT wet dreams of Worldvision. Now they have to go back to Eastern Europe in a unstable country where their influence won't be as big (supposedly). 

6 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Of course Australia was a political choice, it was the EBU/SVT favourite, after all it was their birth child. We know they treat Russia as the end of the world if they win and Ukraine wasn't a good choice either for them. You could see it in the grimm look of Jon Ola Sand when saying the televotes were counted. They thought they had it in the bag after decimating Russia in the jury vote and pimping Australia to the max, but didn't expect Ukraine to do so well in the televote with such a dark song, so their plan backfired. Australia winning would have opened even more the doors for EBU/SVT wet dreams of Worldvision. Now they have to go back to Eastern Europe in a unstable country where their influence won't be as big (supposedly). 

:lol:

It is so sad that 114 points go to The Netherlands (poor copy of The Common Linnets), 104 for Lithuania, 55 for UK   ----------- > jury voting

Original Georgia 80, very expressive, great singer from Latvia - 69, Serbia with a strong message song 35 --- > jury voting

Yes we have a big community in  nearly 35 countries, even Russia gaves us 5 points. If we send a great presentation like Slavic Girls is it sexist (5th place tele-voting), Michal Szpak with a great powerful voice (3rd place tele voting) it is bad, because juries like overrated Netherlands,

Why do not write such a stupid things about Lithuania? 12 points from UK and Ireland for example? It is not crazy?

Great result from Poland, I love Eurovision and I watched this for years, but now I change my mind we must withdraw

The result of Poland in the televoting doesn't say anything about the quality of the song :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, dareza said:

lol Serbia won televoting in Montenegro, Croatia, Bosnia, Macedonia, Slovenia and Switzerland.

We should start spreading around Europe as well :d

On a more serious note: I don't think there is one "fair" way of voting possible. Especially the televoting will never be fair, no matter the way they do it. The way they're doing it now only increases the chances of the countries with many people in other countries (like Poland), because where they might normally get a quite low judges score and so receive few points, they can now get low judge scores but huge televoting scores.

But if you change that, you'll get another system which also has major flaws. It's just impossible to do it completely fair unfortunately. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Some thoughts on the overall results. Spain deserved much better, maybe top 15, even top 12, but comming after Russia and with that bad, bad staging everything went downhill in the televoting. Only 10 points for such a good song is mind-boggling. On the other hand it was interesting to see Belgium and Lithuania finish in the top 10, because back in march when the official videos came out, everyone thought they won't even qualify for the final, because the songs were weak. But unlike Spain they made great stagings and took maximum from the situation. It still baffles me however how good Belgium did with the juries, but i like Laura so i'm happy for her. Other jury favourites like Malta and Israel tho flopped hard with the televotes, but that was to be expected. Malta comming after Ukraine and Israel being early and in a string of slow songs before fan favourites Bulgaria and Sweden. They were completely overshadowed, but the jury compensated that, so deserved positions in the middle pack. Very shocked Serbia was hammered with the jury. Great singer, important message, don't know what went wrong there. They were also borderline qualifiers... As for Poland, we know they have huge diaspora, but you don't make 222 points only with diaspora, clearly he had very big neutral votes. He really impressed with the voice comming after France, but i read that in the jury rehearsal he wasn't that good, so maybe that's why he did so bad. Nevertheless it is a great position. Also Russia got televotes from every single country, with the lowest being Netherlands with 3 points, so nearly all had them in their top 5. Clearly europeand don't hate them as much as the people high-up want to. It is funny how double digit countries in west/north gave them shit, and then their people placed them at the top.

Ukrainian political bullshit is winning song. Congratulation Europe.

Next year we should send song title 1389 and sang how Otomans destroyed us and our only dream was freedom and peace.

And next year opening will be hilarious.  First Jamala sing "They come to your house, and kill you all" and than "Welcome to Kiev"

The Netherlands song was overrated, and simply old-fasioned and it was a copy of  previous songs (Netherlands 2014, Estonia 2015, Belgium 2010. Finland 2014, Cyprus 2010) It should not qualify to even final. It is a shame for jury.

Belgium, Lithuania, Netherlands, France (the worst performance for Amir, I love his videoclip, but live was so bad)- was overrated in jury Voting

On the other hand as a previous user of Serbia said that has many votes from Balcans (and Switzerland), I was a sceptical, but this song has really great message, and has a small nuber of votes, but British One Direction Joe and Jake has more and overrated Netherlands. Latvian entry was so great and the same story. Tele-voting  was great this year: high points for Armenia, Ukraine, Russia, Australia, Bulgaria, Austria, Poland, Sweden,

Federer91 said very well, Poland has a big community, but even Hozier said that Michal was great

Russia was also destroyed by jury.

Edited by Adriano