website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2016

rybak

4 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

What do you think, would we have been better off with one of the following songs at the ESC?

That first one, absolutely no way, but that's mostly because I think 99% of the rap songs sound like "ear AIDS", as we would say on Dutch forums.

The second one is awesome and genuinely made me laugh :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Congrats Ukraine for win! Although I'm not happy of this winner, for me Australia should win this, but my personal favourite was France, even if Amir sings not too good in final!

Finally good position for us, third in televoting and eight in total! :d But jury killed us as always :mad: Time to throw out them from voting :d

New system of presenting votes is good after all, few weeks ago I thought that it will be bad, but no I like it :d

Let's if Russia will withdraw now from next year contest :d There was news few hours before Grand Final that if Russia will win this Ukraine will withdraw from 2017 contest, maybe this also decided for Ukrainian victory? :mumble:

Anyway I will still listen those songs by long time :d

Greece

Austria

Latvia

Cyprus

France

Hungary

Czech Republic

Ireland

Iceland

Montenegro

Estonia

Btw. How on earth Czech Republic have 0 points from televoting? :(

I just watched the replay of the whole final (couldn't watch live), I was completely unaware of this new voting system but I accidentally read an article that said "Ukraine eurovision winner" before watching. So I started watching and thought, as the countries were voting, "how the hell did Australia lose this?" :lol:

The winner was very average, I can't see any reason why it got such a high televote other than for political reasons. Australia was so much better... but oh well, last two years the best song didn't win either (Netherlands 2014, Italy 2015), this is euroshitision after all.

And I CANT BELIEVE how that weirdo from Poland got 3rd place in televote wtf (nothing against Poland, I liked their songs the two previous years).

The televote is garbage, but we live in the age of social media and "the spectator is King", so there's nothing we can do.

I'm not a fan of Ukraine's song, but they deserved victory. You can't hate on a powerful performance, plus I think it sounds better live. And even though I like Australia's song more, I'm happy they didn't win.

But I'm extremely happy that Poli gave Bulgaria their best result ever! She may not have won Eurovision, but she's my personal winner and she'll always be in my heart.

Oh, and Logo TV aired Eurovision here in the states for the first time and the commentators were shit. Absolute shit. And no, they didn't show Justin Timberlake here, so really idc at all.

4 hours ago, LDOG said:

And I CANT BELIEVE how that weirdo from Poland got 3rd place in televote wtf (nothing against Poland, I liked their songs the two previous years).

The televote is garbage, but we live in the age of social media and "the spectator is King", so there's nothing we can do.

Sure you liked their songs in the last two years :evil:

Spoiler

article-2625242-1DBA75B800000578-745_638

But yeah, I agree about the whole "what the hell is Poland doing in 3rd place" thing. Well it's obvious, Poland will always score high in televote even if they send the worst singer ever, simply because Polish are in every country and will vote like crazy to get Poland up high. They had a mediocre singer this time, with quite a boring appearance and an even more boring song (I only remember "what color is your life" or something)...as shown by the jury.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Some pathetic news. One of the danish jury members (an old singer called Hilda Heick, whose housband has written lots of songs for the danish competition through the ages just as they have participated a couple of times) was wrong in the voting meaning she had Australia last when she wanted them as first. :facepalm: