website statistics

Summer Paralympic Games 2020

Olympian1010

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Cundy :GBR is defeated :yikes:

Should be bronze for Metelka @hckošice

Gold for Cabello Llamas :ESP

That´s super cool. Nice bronze and start to the games for him in his weakest event. Should be a good moral boost before his main event the pursuit.

Getting excited for the para dressage finals. Grade II should be a coin-toss between :AUT (formerly :CRO) Puch and :GBR Pearson. Grade IV has :NED Voets as the frontrunner, but :BRA Riskalla always presents a beautiful picture and could create an upset. :NED Hosmar should win Grade V convincingly.

#banbestmen

How does it work with having athletes in the same classification, some of whom have two arms (but one with a deformity on the hand I think), whereas others have no arms? Isn't that way too different to be somewhat fair? :p 

Then again, I know you have to combine wildly different impairments to avoid having 800 events with one or two athletes each, but it's sometimes a little hard to really judge how fair an event can be within the boundaries of one class.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

37 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

How does it work with having athletes in the same classification, some of whom have two arms (but one with a deformity on the hand I think), whereas others have no arms? Isn't that way too different to be somewhat fair? :p 

Then again, I know you have to combine wildly different impairments to avoid having 800 events with one or two athletes each, but it's sometimes a little hard to really judge how fair an event can be within the boundaries of one class.

They’re constantly shuffling categories around, it’s never really fixed.

2 hours ago, dcro said:

Getting excited for the para dressage finals. Grade II should be a coin-toss between :AUT (formerly :CRO) Puch and :GBR Pearson. Grade IV has :NED Voets as the frontrunner, but :BRA Riskalla always presents a beautiful picture and could create an upset. :NED Hosmar should win Grade V convincingly.

Lee Pearson wins again, he is the Michael Phelps of equine terpsichore.

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Sadly that's a problem within Swimming events and Daniel Dias has spoken in the past that it was kinda unfair that athletes there were from a higher class (S6) now are competing with him in S5. Anyway, it's nice to see him still managing to get medals.