website statistics

Summer Paralympic Games 2020

Olympian1010

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Just want to point out that I’ve posted in multiple threads and multiple times about what sports would covered. I do my best to keep these threads informative, since I spend a lot of time following these multi-sports games. It’s a bit disheartening to get the same questions and comments over and over. It honestly makes me feel like I’m wasting my time posting on here…

You posted a list of the sports that would be broadcasted, and there are so many that I was under the impression that the list included all sports. Maybe if you started by saying that Powerlifting wouldn't be covered you would get more attention :rolleyes:

+ that's surprising because the sport was broadcast in Rio, and even some World Cup stages have full coverage on the IPC website. Also what's the point of including Taekwondo and only show highlights.

11 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

+ that's surprising because the sport was broadcast in Rio, and even some World Cup stages have full coverage on the IPC website. Also what's the point of including Taekwondo and only show highlights.

Yeah, I was quite shocked by the omission when they released the broadcast plans. Wheelchair Fencing was broadcast in Rio as well. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

So far it’s 7 of 7 records broken in the individual pursuits :cycling:

Might we see every IP record broken at these Games…

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Despite giving up numerous penalties, :USA manages to outscore :BRA in men’s goalball.

Also just a random info about cash bonus for Indonesian medalists:

Gold - IDR 5.5 billion (USD 380k)

Silver - IDR 2.5 billion (USD 173k)

Bronze - IDR 1.5 billion (USD 104k)

The National Paralympic Committee will receive 30% of the cash bonus of each athlete, it will be used help to fund the para-sports development and also to send the athlete for his/her next championships.

Cundy :GBR with yet another dominant performance :bowdown:

Also, silver for Metelka :SVK @hckošice

EDIT: Opps, miscounted. Not offical yet.

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Cundy :GBR with yet another dominant performance :bowdown:

Also, silver for Metelka :SVK @hckošice

EDIT: Opps, miscounted. Not offical yet.

Cundy :GBR is defeated :yikes:

Should be bronze for Metelka @hckošice

Gold for Cabello Llamas :ESP