Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Gianlu33

Totallympics Suggestions and Problems Thread

OlympicIRL    539
2 minutes ago, dcro said:

I think they can manage alright. :p

It does sound fun and way more friendly. :d

I like the name "Politics Cafe" too as it sounds more inviting. "Hey, come on in to the Politics Cafe where we put the worlds to rights over a cup of tea or coffee" :d

Sindo    100

The thing is, as you see everyone would like a different name, so the most "democratic" solution, even if it could not sound so democratic, is that admins decide. This is what admins are here for :pope:

heywoodu    1,284
3 minutes ago, Sindo said:

The thing is, as you see everyone would like a different name, so the most "democratic" solution, even if it could not sound so democratic, is that admins decide. This is what admins are here for :pope:

I've seen exactly two people actually suggesting something and agreeing... :p 

dcro    1,101
6 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

I like the name "Politics Cafe" too as it sounds more inviting. "Hey, come on in to the Politics Cafe where we put the worlds to rights over a cup of tea or coffee" :d

Is there any other place besides cafe where politics can be discussed? :d Le Cafe and Politics Cafe might be one cafe too many. :d

dcro    1,101

Politics Lounge might be the one. :)

OlympicIRL    539
2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Is there any other place besides cafe where politics can be discussed? :d Le Cafe and Politics Cafe might be one cafe too many. :d

The pub! That's where most of my political discussions happen :lol:

• Haha 1

dcro    1,101
Just now, OlympicIRL said:

The pub! That's where most of my political discussions happen :lol:

I love it! :d

heywoodu    1,284
4 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

:d

The Politics Lounge is a great name though :)

That sounds much more like a place with some nice quiet space to sit down with a drink in your hand and say how shitty 'political thing A' is and how awesome 'political person B' is :cheer:

vinipereira    176
48 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

- A thread is a thread, it's not necessary to specify that in the thread title

- An OP is the first thing we as users (and more importantly, newcomers) see: basic information like a link to an official website and a schedule should be there (without having to scroll down and/or click on a link to open another site, as it is now, users don't want to have to open more sites, they want to see their info on-screen)

- If there's big news, people should feel free to open a thread about it without having a huge chance of this being merged into some general thread. It's a forum, once the big news is not news anymore, it'll die down by itself

- The bar to opening new threads is way too high when either you have to use a strict format or a moderator comes in and changes the whole thing without being asked to do so

- Agreed, but I feel the word "Thread" is mostly used in general threads, like "Music Thread", "Movies Thread" or whatever, which is quite common in some other places (like skycrapercity, for instance). I don't see what's the big problem with the word, it's fine with it, and it's fine without it. Maybe it should be deleted if you guys are so pissed by it.

- You suggest a link to an official site, but then goes on about how users don't want to click on links - which seems, to me, a diss on the results forum. Honestly, when the "format" for Opening posts was discussed, it was decided that it was just better a simple image and maybe the link for the results site (and, sometimes, just the image), because we didn't want a format for shedules or anything else - it would be just more work that frankly most users don't want to do. But people are free to post whatever they want, including a schedule like you did in some threads.

- If the news are, ideed, "big", no problem whatsoever.

- Maybe there are a few changes, but I almost never see threads getting deleted. For instance, I never deleted one thread on this site (except for spam threads). So people are welcome to open more threads. Someone said that wanted to open something about history of sports and that's great, as it is to open threads about "personal projects" etc. You talk about a "strict format", but we don't have a format for Non-Olympic section and some others - as far as I'm concerned, the "format" can be seen only in some general and competition threads.

• Like 1