website statistics

Shooting Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

hckošice

Peeter Olesk of :EST is the top ranked athlete in 25m Rapid Fire Pistol Men. If he wins the European quota, next in line is Vijayveer Siddhu of :IND

Sandra Bernal of :POL is the top ranked athlete in Trap Women. If she wins the European quota, next in line is Safiye Sariturk of :TUR

Irrespective of today's finals result, Mauro de Filippis of :ITA will be top ranked athlete in Trap Men. If Kynan Chenai of :IND wins Gold in today's final, he would be next in line to inherit Mauro's ranking quota if any Italian wins the European quota, otherwise Andreas Loew of :GER would be next in line. 

Of the Europeans who are in lead to get ranking quota, I feel only Mauro in Trap Men, Aneta in 10m Air Rifle Women and Amber in Skeet Women might participate in European qualifiers. In case of Mauro, there are other excellent Italian shooters who can win the European quota, so he has to participate. Amber might participate in the hope that she and a teammate can win 2 quotas at European. And for Aneta, it is a combination of both. For others, I didn't find any strong national competitors who might win their quota in Euro qualifiers, so they might skip it.

Of course, there are two big 'ifs' in this. One, I have by no stretch of imagination, good knowledge of shooting scene in those countries, and the shooters might want to take part in Euro qualifiers, regardless to get some good practice. 

Edit: And it will be Andreas Loew of :GER who will be next in line in Men's Trap. 

With covid cases increases again in many countries including Poland may not participate unless absolutely necessary 

All those who are sure to win by ranking or who have less than 50% chances. Not to forget India participating will not make it easy to get into finals either

Daniele Resca won the Olympic Quota.

Men's Trap World Ranking:

1. :ITA Resca 970 QWT
  2. :ESP Fernandez 883 Q
  3. :CRO Glasnovic 825 NOCQ
  4. :ITA De Filippis 823 NOCQ
  5. :GER Loew 703
  6. :GBR Cowey-Harley 703 Q
  7. :RUS Alipov 547 Q
  8. :ITA Grazini 511 NOCQ
  9. :IND Chenai 329

Numers can be a little different, but it should be right.

23 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Daniele Resca won the Olympic Quota.

Men's Trap World Ranking:

1. :ITA Resca 970 QWT
  2. :ESP Fernandez 883 Q
  3. :CRO Glasnovic 825 NOCQ
  4. :ITA De Filippis 823 NOCQ
  5. :GER Loew 703
  6. :GBR Cowey-Harley 703 Q
  7. :RUS Alipov 547 Q
  8. :ITA Grazini 511 NOCQ
  9. :IND Chenai 329

Numers can be a little different, but it should be right.

I think it's not right, the shooters won't lose points from March 2020 ranking, I think De Filippis has the quota, waiting for the European championship 

2 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

With covid cases increases again in many countries including Poland may not participate unless absolutely necessary 

All those who are sure to win by ranking or who have less than 50% chances. Not to forget India participating will not make it easy to get into finals either

Honestly speaking, Olesk doesn’t care if Vijayveer qualifies for Olympics. And it is true for almost all the ranking quota winners. They don’t care about those who are behind them because there are so many good shooters ahead of them. 

13 hours ago, Dolby said:

Honestly speaking, Olesk doesn’t care if Vijayveer qualifies for Olympics. And it is true for almost all the ranking quota winners. They don’t care about those who are behind them because there are so many good shooters ahead of them. 

That is not what I meant. India will send a big squad for the European Championships as per NRAI and if allowed could cause problem to average shooters in Europe who don't do well in qualifying but can once in a while shoot well in finals ( ie less than 50% chance to qualify). Instead European Federations will choose shooters who are good genuinely and scoring well in qualifiers as it may well decide the Olympic quota before finals. Shooting 24 good shots on a day is easier than shooting 60 good shots for a average shooter ( law of averages)