Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


uk12points

Summer Olympic Games 2020 News

Recommended Posts

8 ore fa, Dunadan ha scritto:

When is the meeting with male synchronised swimmers (who already compete at WCh in mixed duets but are barred from the Olympics) scheduled for? 

Never :evil:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dunadan said:

When is the meeting with male synchronised swimmers (who already compete at WCh in mixed duets but are barred from the Olympics) scheduled for? 

When they manage to get organized as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So apparently the IAAF accepted and send a request to the IOC to get women's 50km in the 2020 olympics. The girls are positive it would get added to the games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 godzin temu, Jur napisał:

So apparently the IAAF accepted and send a request to the IOC to get women's 50km in the 2020 olympics. The girls are positive it would get added to the games.

 

Source of that information?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 2 horas, szy123 said:

 

Source of that information?

The girls attending the meetings with IAAF social media:

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think it's too early to get all that done less than two years before the Olympics...it can't be good for the event to have a repeat of last year's world championships....where there was almost zero competition between the not even 10 participants.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I still think it's too early to get all that done less than two years before the Olympics...it can't be good for the event to have a repeat of last year's world championships....where there was almost zero competition between the not even 10 participants.

 

To be fair, the Europeans this year were already much different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dcro said:

 

To be fair, the Europeans this year were already much different.

It was a bit better, yes, but still not what one would call very competitive...it didn't have the excitement the men's race usually have. As a fan of the event, I'd very much prefer to see it on the Olympic program in 2024, so it has a few more championships to become worthy of an Olympic event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The IOC should not accept it, it's way past the deadline for proposing new events. Adding it now would only be a gift for a handful of women who are not among the very best race walkers in the world but have found a way to get a good result at the Olympics. It's good for Paris 2024 (but only if the IAAF accepts to use technology, otherwise race walking should be deleted from the programme).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 4 horas, heywoodu said:

It was a bit better, yes, but still not what one would call very competitive...it didn't have the excitement the men's race usually have. As a fan of the event, I'd very much prefer to see it on the Olympic program in 2024, so it has a few more championships to become worthy of an Olympic event.

World race walking cup in China was pretty good, even better than europeans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×