website statistics

Winter World University Games 2023

Totallympics

It's always cute when these multi-events pretend to really know something about the sports themselves, you'll end up getting generic nonsense like this text :d 

rWLuzwG.png

"Known as the middle distance for women and a sprint for men"

Uhm, no. Not at all :p 

Meanwhile, still not a readable competition schedule on the website, with only two weeks to go.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Finally, found it :d 

https://www.lakeplacid2023.com/events/list/

No idea why the competition schedule page only links to itself instead of this page, but alright. It's not perfect yet, no separate run times for alpine skiing for example, but it seems to be 90% complete or so :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, Sindo said:

I will be leaving for the US on January 5th to work at this event. I will be working at results service system at the Ice Hockey preliminary round matches in a town named Potsdam. No idea where that is :d

in NY just a couple of steps from Canada border, not far from Montreal, ideal chance to attend some NHL :d. However, be careful there will be matches in 2 different arenas in Potsdam (Cheel Arena and Maxcy Hall) :p

btw congrats :cheer: that´s what I call a dream job :d

Edited by hckošice

3 hours ago, Sindo said:

I will be leaving for the US on January 5th to work at this event. I will be working at results service system at the Ice Hockey preliminary round matches in a town named Potsdam. No idea where that is :d

Near the German capital of Berlin :banana: 

4 hours ago, Sindo said:

Darn, I almost put in for media accreditation. We’ll work the same event one of these days :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I finally got to the US after a 13 hours delay with my flight :yikes:. I landed in JFK airport and then I had to rent a car and drive a looong way up to Lake Placid, I had to stop at the Lake Placid media center, pick up another person in a small airport in the middle of nowhere and then I got to Potsdam after almost 48 hours around :d

I had a good sleep and today I am going to the venue where I will be working: Roos House in Canton.

I am a bit worried about the food. Yesterday I have already eaten bacon, egss and french toast for lunch and hamburger for dinner :d I fear this is not the last time I am going to eat that in the next couple of weeks..

4 minutes ago, Sindo said:

I am a bit worried about the food. Yesterday I have already eaten bacon, egss and french toast for lunch and hamburger for dinner :d I fear this is not the last time I am going to eat that in the next couple of weeks..

That is worrying - bacon, eggs & french toast should really be breakfast.  :what:

Edited by Grassmarket

55 minutes ago, Sindo said:

On the plus side, there is always Pizza Hut.

Or the Olive Garden if you get homesick. :lol:

#banbestmen