website statistics

Curling 2023 - 2024 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

:CAN Team Homan wins the GSOC Canadian Open title, after defeating :SUI Team Tirinzoni 5-4! :thumbup:

Team Homan was down 2-4 heading into the 8th end, after giving up a steal in the 7th (missed an attempt for the blank), but rallied to score 2 in the 8th end, and stole in the extra end after a Patz miss. 

For skip Rachel Homan, it’s her 15th career GSOC title (15-10 in finals), and second this year after winning the WFG Masters (also coincidentally over Team Tirinzoni) just over a month ago! Homan improves her H2H over Silvana Tirinzoni to 22-8, with 8 wins in their last 9 meetings dating back to April 27, 2019 at the GSOC Championships Cup. Team Homan is now 33-5 on the 2023/24 season, in the 7 events they competed in they’ve made 6 finals, and won 5 titles, with the only loss being at the GSOC KIOTI National to Team Gim (lost 6-7)

Despite all of Homan’s slam success though (2 at Tour Challenge, 2 at The National, 4 at Masters, 3 at Canadian Open, 4 at Champions Cup), she still hasn’t won the GSOC Players Championship title :yikes:, hopefully she can do it this year :fingers:

Edited by Josh

GSOC Canadian Open | Red Deer, Alberta, Canada :CAN 

Men

1. :SCO Team Mouat

2. :CAN Team Bottcher :sleep: (I’m not kidding, their matches are so boring to watch, they’re constantly blanking ends)

3. :SCO Team Whyte

3. :CAN Team Gushue

Bruce Mouat completes the career Grand slam!

Women

1. :CAN Team Homan

2. :SUI Team Tirinzoni

3. :CAN Team Jones

3. :CAN Team Einarson

No career Grand slam for Kerri Einarson as well, but a nice week for her. 

Full Results

Edited by Josh

We’ve got live Curling from :BEL this weekend!  Excellent quality coverage as well.

Wow, @Fly_like_a_donwould you believe :BEL v :IND at Curling tonight?  :smoke: Got to watch that!  Striaght into my Watch Later file.

https://youtube.com/@WCTWorldCurlingTour?si=NFq5LgeL4TmV62pc

Edited by Grassmarket

• 2 weeks later...

Whole bunch of National Championships are going on right now. 

:USA Nationals finished half a week ago, with Team Peterson and Team Shuster winning the women’s and men’s titles. 

So did the :SWE Nationals, where Team Hasselborg and Team Nyman (Team Edin was absent) won the women’s and men’s titles. 

:SUI Nationals are on currently, live stream here

But the big one is, :CAN Women’s Nationals in a week. I’ll try my best to find a stream for the event, but I’m not very optimistic that I’ll eventually find one. 

@maestro @Grassmarket

Edited by Josh

3 hours ago, Josh said:

Whole bunch of National Championships are going on right now. 

:USA Nationals finished half a week ago, with Team Peterson and Team Shuster winning the women’s and men’s titles. 

So did the :SWE Nationals, where Team Hasselborg and Team Edin won the women’s and men’s titles. 

:SUI Nationals are on currently, live stream here

But the big one is, :CAN Women’s Nationals in a week. I’ll try my best to find a stream for the event, but I’m not very optimistic that I’ll eventually find one. 

@maestro @Grassmarket

Scottish ones are this week also - BBC Coverage at the weekend.

2 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Whenever BBC Scotland cover domestic curling, it is always done on a shoestring budget. It really is cringe worthy. 

They don't really cover it, they just retransmit the feed provided them by the organisers.