website statistics

Tennis ITF Wimbledon 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Wimbledon is clueless as usual. Annabel Croft said to Aryna Sabalenka she hopes she does better than last year (when Sabalenka didn't play due to the ban). You can't measure this level of ignorance :coffee:

Sabalenka beat new Frenchwoman Varvara Gracheva 2-6 7-5 6-2. Judging by the crowd reaction, she's gained a lot of fans and the Wimbledon audience doesn't give much hoot about the war or Belarussians playing. Guess Kate Middleton's well-being won't be a hot topic in 2023 anymore :p

On 7/6/2023 at 6:55 PM, thepharoah said:

May be an image of ‎1 person, playing tennis and ‎text that says '‎اللاه tonish WIMBLEDON CENTRE COURT (WC) LIAM BROADY (4) CASPER RUUD ROUND 2 63466 46630 @USOPEN‎'‎‎

Upset Alert 

Curious case of Casper Ruud - last seven Grand Slam results for him were 2R - F - 2R - F - 2R - F - 2R :d starting with US Open 2021 (he missed AO 2022)

Edited by Wanderer

I'm so happy that Tsitsipas beat Murray. He had a tricky draw for the first two rounds with Thiem and Murray, but now the draw has opened up for him. I hope he can make a big run. The win over Murray was impressive, he served really well and only faced one break point the entire match.

He's also in doubles with his brother. I don't want him to get too tired but I understand why he's playing doubles. Usually, he doesn't do well on grass so he probably wasn't even expecting to make R3 of singles :lol:

They had to withdraw from mixed doubles due to Badosa's injury, which I guess is fine as it will give Stefanos more time to rest.

On 7/5/2023 at 11:08 AM, Monzanator said:

:UKR Marta Kostyuk beats :GRE Maria Sakkari 0-6 7-5 6-2. Another epic GS failure from Sakkari :coffee:

I wouldn't say that. She had a tough draw here, playing one of the strongest unseeded opponents in R1 (just like in RG when she played Muchova in R1). Meanwhile, we saw other R1 matches like Zhao vs Korpatsch, Bonaventure vs Bai, Juvan vs Betova, Parry vs Dart and Brengle vs Errani :lol:

On 7/5/2023 at 11:13 AM, thepharoah said:

OMG , never thought Sakkari would lose this game after winning 1st set in bagel 

There was a rain delay at 5-0 in the first set and then another one after the first set, so surely this changed the momentum.

I think it's really time to give up on Zverev winning a GS at this stage.

Meanwhile some curious R4 match-ups set up for the women: :KAZ Rybakina vs :BRA Haddad Maia and Sabalenka vs Alexandrova (rematch of the 2022 Den Bosch final). I presume Alexandrova will buckle under pressure now that she's finally made it past GS Round 3. She still needed three tie-breaks to beat Madison Brengle in Round 2.