website statistics

Slalom Canoeing ICF World Championships 2019

phelps

Przed chwilą, TomJa napisał:

Unfortunately, Polish sport is sick in many cases. Recently it was controversial when choosing the composition for the world judo championship.

If you aks me I always treat with reserve every grumble and accusing made online or in interviews by athletes and coaches. Losing place in national team is always very hurtfull, especially for WCh medalist and as you mention Grzegorz is not only Mateusz's coach but also a brother so it's very emotional for him too. And sometimes with emotions we're seeing things what we want to see, not necessary what they really are. I have similar feelings about Karol Zalewski (athletics) who is accusing our men's relay coach Lisowski for not getting him to Doha, about Maciej Sarnacki and Piotr Kuczera (judo) who didn't get to this year WCh or Aleksandra Shelton (fencing) who choose team USA. In all this cases I'm not saying that this people are wrong but I'm also not saying that they are right. Usually the true is somewhere in the middle, very rarely is like one of the side presenting it. And we are masters of inside fighting and quarrels (pol. polskie piekiełko).

Edited by Col_Frost

Przed chwilą, Col_Frost napisał:

If you aks me I always treat with reserve every grumble and accusing made online or in interviews by athletes and coaches. Losing place in national team is always very hurtfull, especially for WCh medalist and as you mention Grzegorz is not only Mateusz's coach but also a brother so it's very emotional for him too. And sometimes with emotions we're seeing things what we want to see, not necessary what they really are. I have similar feelings about Karol Zalewski (athletics) who is accusing our men's relay coach Lisowski for not getting him to Doha, about Maciej Sarnacki and Piotr Kuczera (judo) who didn't get to this year WCh or Aleksandra Shelton (fencing) who choose team USA. In all this cases I'm not saying that this people are wrong but I'm also not saying that they are right. Usually the true is somewhere in the middle, very rarely is like one of the side presenting it. And we are champions of inside fighting and quarrels (pol. polskie piekiełko).

It is hard to disagree. With us, every now and then a straw comes out of a relationship, and this is a strange calling for a WCh in judo, and there are no outfits on time for the cycling team. Sometimes I have the impression that we are mentally still 100 years behind other nations.

Przed chwilą, TomJa napisał:

It is hard to disagree. With us, every now and then a straw comes out of a relationship, and this is a strange calling for a WCh in judo, and there are no outfits on time for the cycling team. Sometimes I have the impression that we are mentally still 100 years behind other nations.

Maybe not 100 but surely 50. I mean we are mentally still in the era before 1989 ;) 

Przed chwilą, Col_Frost napisał:

Maybe not 100 but surely 50. I mean we are mentally still in the era before 1989 ;) 

The only thing that separates us from 1989 and earlier is the fact that we have trace cases of doping. And for that praise our athlete that they don't always take an example from those from behind our eastern border.

Przed chwilą, ScottishJack napisał:

Great win for the Women K1 team, just beating the Czech and Russia. Can’t remember when we last won it but must of been 7 or 8 years ago. Was very impressed by the ladies, a medal chance next year

The last time on the podium in K1 British was in 2015, and they won in 2009, if I remember correctly.

Just now, Jan Linha said:

Guys, anybody know whether there is a live stream of today's heats? Was trying to find something but unsuccessfully. Thanks

Last I checked there should be some on YouTube...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela