website statistics

Diving at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Wow, what a competition.

I’m not sure what’s the hype with Jules Bouyer; he’s not bad, but too inconsistent and in my opinion, over rewarded by the jury.

It was heartbreaking to watch Lithuanian divers with those failed dives, but I hope they don’t quit and try to improve their skills.

Finally Ruvalcaba with a chance to go the Olympics for the Dominican Republic, failing to do so with Mexico, but at last, he polished his skills and is showing some good work.

25 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

I’m not sure what’s the hype with Jules Bouyer; he’s not bad, but too inconsistent and in my opinion, over rewarded by the jury.

I'm not going to pretend to be a Diving expert which I'm defintly not, but he is curently injured (shoulder). So likely not at his best

For me this format should be quickly changed! 5 hours - 2 dives per 1 one hour, how to prepare how to concentrate.

My idea is 3 dives in preelimination - top 36 go further.   Next 36 elimination same day 18 semi-final. Next day final.

or maybe some seeding for the best divers like (recent continental champs, World Champs + World Cups) to the elimination round directly.

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

Wow, what a competition.

It was heartbreaking to watch Lithuanian divers with those failed dives, but I hope they don’t quit and try to improve their skills.

Finally Ruvalcaba with a chance to go the Olympics for the Dominican Republic, failing to do so with Mexico, but at last, he polished his skills and is showing some good work.

In all fairness, there was much higher expectations from Lithuanian divers. Lisauskas was brilliant last year in Junior WCh where he was jumping in the final. Both divers are still juniors (Lisauskas is barely 15), but with these poor results diving will get a bump down in funding for next year and this might affect the possibility of the divers to continuing in this sport past junior level in Lithuania... :cry:

34 minutes ago, Bearas said:

In all fairness, there was much higher expectations from Lithuanian divers. Lisauskas was brilliant last year in Junior WCh where he was jumping in the final. Both divers are still juniors (Lisauskas is barely 15), but with these poor results diving will get a bump down in funding for next year and this might affect the possibility of the divers to continuing in this sport past junior level in Lithuania... :cry:

Sebastian has polish roots?

105 points between 2nd and 3rd, but only 70 points between 3rd and 12th. Insane how low the level is in many/most disciplines. The young british woman blew a huge chance to win bronze. At least she is young enough that she will probably get many more chances.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.