website statistics

Diving at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 hours ago, phelps said:

how it works now? the 2nd placed diver in the EGs gets a quota (having the World Champs priority over the Continental Quota?) :mumble:

The first question was already answered.

For this question, only the first place diver is eligible for quotas, if they already qualify via the 2023 World Championships then no one gets the quota

5 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

The first question was already answered.

For this question, only the first place diver is eligible for quotas, if they already qualify via the 2023 World Championships then no one gets the quota

Isn't there something in the qualification document about additional quotas being allocated until the total number of spots available are filled? If that's the case, I'd assume that if a continental champion also qualifies through the world champs, then potentially a quota will be available for reallocation. 

3 hours ago, Bearas said:

Team GB so close to the 4th quota :( Well done to Ukrainian youngsters

Yeah, the lads wobbled on one dive and then blew a dive. They'll be annoyed to have dropped the quota having qualified second - 4 quotas from 4 events would have been a hell of a statement. That said, looking at the competition, I'd be reasonably confident they come back next year and seal the deal. Frankly, both women's teams getting quota and silver was well beyond expectations anyway, so it's been a VERY successful meet so far. GB are also blessed with pretty solid depth in men's 3m individual to cover for Laugher's injury (at least in terms of quotas), Spendolini-Sirieix is a strong shout for a second quota in 10m with Eden Cheng having kindly banked one from the European Games, Harper's form means a good shout of at least one 3m Womens indy berth. It's 10 metre individual GB may wobble. Ma create an interesting scenario next year - does Daley try to do on last turn? (my instinct says no, you'll not see him in elite competition again)

Just now, mpjmcevoy said:

Yeah, the lads wobbled on one dive and then blew a dive. They'll be annoyed to have dropped the quota having qualified second - 4 quotas from 4 events would have been a hell of a statement. That said, looking at the competition, I'd be reasonably confident they come back next year and seal the deal. Frankly, both women's teams getting quota and silver was well beyond expectations anyway, so it's been a VERY successful meet so far. GB are also blessed with pretty solid depth in men's 3m individual to cover for Laugher's injury (at least in terms of quotas), Spendolini-Sirieix is a strong shout for a second quota in 10m with Eden Cheng having kindly banked one from the European Games, Harper's form means a good shout of at least one 3m Womens indy berth. It's 10 metre individual GB may wobble. Ma create an interesting scenario next year - does Daley try to do on last turn? (my instinct says no, you'll not see him in elite competition again)

PS well done the Ukranians and the Mexicans!

4 hours ago, Adriano said:

Poland 7th, maybe if France won't take host place we could fight for the last places at Olympics.

So China, Ukraine, Mexico (Q) next year for sure USA, Australia, UK + host, last place(Germany/Italy - for me less chances Poland/Malaysia)

I agree with you, but I think USA is in the contender group with the European teams and Malaysia, plus Canada if they decide to show up in Doha and their divers are fit.

Very surprised by the Polish pair, they are talented and composed, and with more competition they could indeed be next year in Paris.

50 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

I agree with you, but I think USA is in the contender group with the European teams and Malaysia, plus Canada if they decide to show up in Doha and their divers are fit.

Very surprised by the Polish pair, they are talented and composed, and with more competition they could indeed be next year in Paris.

I thought this canadian injury was more serious. So I agree  with you, for me UK + Canada + Australia for sure.  Italy, Germany, USA  - next Poland / Malaysia, The biggest chancce for me - Germany (Barthel!) / Italy (silver and EU champs'23). I hope we will join finally to OG in this event, we have now 9 pair in trampoline event and 7  in platform event. We are waiting 32 years for this. The last one was Grzegorz Kozdranskia at Barcelona '92. He is our coach.

3 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Isn't there something in the qualification document about additional quotas being allocated until the total number of spots available are filled? If that's the case, I'd assume that if a continental champion also qualifies through the world champs, then potentially a quota will be available for reallocation. 

Any additional quotas would be allocated based on the results of the 2024 World Championships. It’s strictly first place or nothing for continental championships.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

13 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Any additional quotas would be allocated based on the results of the 2024 World Championships. It’s strictly first place or nothing for continental championships.

But if I’m not mistaken, last time, at least for America, some individual silver medalists at Lima got the continental quotas due to the event winners already having qualified at Worlds.

Did the qualification document change the wording this time? I don’t recall so, which may again be the cause for some over representation.