website statistics

Diving at the Aquatics WA World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

12 hours ago, Nickyc707 said:

Oh dear another unhinged rant. All I said at the beginning was that I thought you were exaggerating the impact of the absence of the Russians and you have conflated that into something completely different.

You ask why I wouldn't have mentioned GB. Well I can tell you why. It was because the conservation was about the Russians and NOT GB. You alone mentioned them.

I pointed out the poor record of the Russians at the last two OG. I didn't mention specific athletes but YOU did when you referred to the few events where Russia did reasonably well. In response I made the point that if your argument was that their absence made winning medals easier for others this was very unlikely for the reasons I've mentioned previously. Yes, the absence of any country with a reasonable diving record weakens a competition but there's a very great difference between that and that absence impacting on the podium positions as you originally suggested.

I get that you're incapable of producing rational argument which is why you've had to lie about what I actually said on two occasions now. I suggest you cut your losses and avoid further embarrassment to yourself by desisting with your falsehoods.

:popcorn::coffee:

Great Britain, China, France, and USA have already secured synchro quotas, so I'm assuming if an athlete from one of those countries places in the top 12, the spot will go to the next highest-ranked unqualified athlete? But I'm unsure, someone correct me if needed. 

8 minutes ago, Josh said:

Great Britain, China, France, and USA have already secured synchro quotas, so I'm assuming if an athlete from one of those countries places in the top 12, the spot will go to the next highest-ranked unqualified athlete? But I'm unsure, someone correct me if needed. 

Qualifying in synchro events does not disqualify you qualifying in individual events. Only the top 12 qualify.

In fact, if a nation wants they could have 8 men and 8 women in diving though typically some of the athletes compete in both individual and synchro.

Nobody is talking about the progress of Spain: from almost being invisible to actually starting to have some interesting and promising divers :yes

Edit: and I think Arturo Miranda may have to do with it, if he’s now coaching/assisting the Spanish team.  

Edited by mrv86

2 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Qualifying in synchro events does not disqualify you qualifying in individual events. Only the top 12 qualify.

In fact, if a nation wants they could have 8 men and 8 women in diving though typically some of the athletes compete in both individual and synchro.

how can I count individual quotas for countries that are already qualified in synchro? I add ?

9 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

how can I count individual quotas for countries that are already qualified in synchro? I add ?

Yes, they are considered separate. An NOC can have synchro quotas and individual quotas. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela