website statistics

Men's Basketball Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

21 minutes ago, nenad said:

So, very weak group for Spain. They got Bahamas as a potential fork in the road and that's it. 

Greece vs Slovenia vs Croatia vs DR in the same group. Come on now. 

Latvia should win home tournament if they're healthy. 

Lithuania vs Italy in Puerto Rico. Sorry Italy, I can't stand Pozzeco. 

Nenad, this time you can stay good! :) but, in your opinion, witch of the big ones can stay out?

Pozzecco is a crazy man :) 

3 hours ago, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo said:

Nenad, this time you can stay good! :) but, in your opinion, witch of the big ones can stay out?

Pozzecco is a crazy man :) 

It all depends who plays. It's very close to the end of the NBA season. Milwaukee with Giannis should play at least conference finals. And Dallas is playing better this season. Good thing for both teams is that these players always want to play even if they have the slightest chance to play. If both teams are in full strength, small advantage Greece, they play at home and should be able to have more depth in the roster. But, man, I would never bet against Luka. 

Edited by nenad

• 1 month later...

Hi All

promised the young lad a trip to france to see the USA team. am i right in thinking all countries will be participating in the preliminary rounds that are held in Lille? the chance of getting a tk for paris knockout stages would be very slim

will the actual fixtures for the Lille games not be announced until early July? would usa team likely to play on the first day?

any advise much appreciated. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
On 1/23/2024 at 1:43 PM, Josh said:

Canada cannot count on Jamal Murry to be healthy and show up or that Andrew

Wiggins actually cares enough to show up. Canada does not have anyone to replace

the key players on their roster. Does Canada have a replacement for Shai Gilgeous-

Alexander, I think not.

In addition, your basketball talent pipeline has DRIED up. For a few years Team Can-

ada was ranked second or third in the FIBA Boys Rankings. RJ Barrett led Canada to

a FIBA U19 Boys Gold Medal in 2017. The next U19 Boys Medal was a Bronze in 2021.

Since 2021, Canada has fallen all the way to NINTH. In stark contrast, Team Canada

has GAINED two spots to go from 5th to 3rd in the FIBA Girls Rankings.

Edited by Mr. Cam

On 11/28/2023 at 1:59 PM, Jur said:

Tournament 1 is ours to loose :ESP

Tournament 2 is :LAT and 4 should be :LTU vs :ITA, and I give the first ones the upper hand.

Tournament 3 is fire, I don't know who would get it.

I will be surprised if we Beat Italy,i don't see it happening