website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

3 minuty temu, heywoodu napisał:

They're not a big fan of it, but they mostly accept that people should make their own choices on that and the government shouldn't say whether or not they can marry :p 

This is clear for me but if "They're not a big fan of it" they`d be like gay-freedom activists in Poland!! :lol:. Seriously, even the leftest "serious" politician of SLD won`t even suggest it in elections probably

Edited by Pavlo

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

Polish Constitution says that Marriage can hapen only between man and a woman and PiS supporters say "only boy and a girl make a real family" - it`s a rhyme in our language "tylko chłopak i dziewczyna to prawdziwa rodzina". They also have signs like "pedaling forbidden" (pedał in polish means gay in bad language).

Edited by Pavlo

And we once had a great story - some TV commentators said during Jaskuła`s best TDF that "Zenon Jaskłuła...wonderful child of.....two pedals". They meant that he`s great cyclist but it had 2nd meaning in our language

On 14/3/2017 at 11:47, Pavlo said:

Turkish people "have their right" to choose people and standards they want in their internal affairs. If people from NED or GER give themselves right to think by themeselves what is good for Turkish people....no wonder that it all happened. 

Especially...that politicians from Netherlands and Germany....as of "quality" as they are. For me blame is clearly on Dutch side. So if we won`t like new Dutch politics....we are to forbid free public speaches which are not against the law? This is low and so "western european", no wonder there are serious problems with minorities if they are treated that way with fixed pre-lack of trust. What right has NED to create internal matters of TUR even if they are infernal :). In fact i think NED couldn`t do....bigger favour for Erdogan than this, lack of imagination? Too much "procedures"? Maybe, i don`t know, outcome proves they were wrong:p

For me this is pretty simple.

Imagine this:

If you want to have a birthday party in your house with your friends, no one will really care because it is your business and happens in your place (unless you shoot fireworks to your neighbor's house). But if you want to have one in your friend's house, have you make sure his/her parents agree with that? Can you make sure that the house will still stand after the party?

Well I'm aware about the politics in this case is somehow complicated, but prevention is better than cure.

2 minuty temu, Griff88 napisał:

For me this is pretty simple.

Imagine this:

If you want to have a birthday party in your house with your friends, no one will really care because it is your business and happens in your place (unless you shoot fireworks to your neighbor's house). But if you want to have one in your friend's house, have you make sure his/her parents agree with that? Can you make sure that the house will still stand after the party?

Well I'm aware about the politics in this case is somehow complicated, but prevention is better than cure.

we won`t find out, call was made. I`m only afraid it gave Erdogan and Turks another argument to use. Sometimes the smaller evil is better than bigger

WOOW a massive hacking attacks against Twitter /pro Erdogan

Thousands of Twitter accounts, including high profile ones belonging to users such as Forbes, Amnesty International, the BBC’s North American service, and tennis star Boris Becker were compromised on Wednesday morning, resulting in them tweeting propaganda related to Turkey’s escalating diplomatic conflict with Germany and the Netherlands.

here  here

25 minutes ago, bestmen said:

WOOW a massive hacking attacks against Twitter /pro Erdogan

Thousands of Twitter accounts, including high profile ones belonging to users such as Forbes, Amnesty International, the BBC’s North American service, and tennis star Boris Becker were compromised on Wednesday morning, resulting in them tweeting propaganda related to Turkey’s escalating diplomatic conflict with Germany and the Netherlands.

here  here

:roflmao:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So far it seems like a rather big rise in voter turnout in the Netherlands with 43 % voting by 15.45. In comparison it was 37 % in 2012. So far it pretty much follows the numbers from the 2006 election, where the turnout ended at 80.40 %.

Often a high turnout is bad news for right wing populists, but it's never safe to say that it will be the same here, as PVV may just as well manage to get more people out to vote for them. It could mean a bit more with knowledge about more local turnouts, but the only thing I've read is that the turnout in Amsterdam is high, which doesn't seem too great for PVV.

But as we saw a couple of times last year, it's dangerous to analyze too much!

20 minutes ago, Agger said:

So far it seems like a rather big rise in voter turnout in the Netherlands with 43 % voting by 15.45. In comparison it was 37 % in 2012. So far it pretty much follows the numbers from the 2006 election, where the turnout ended at 80.40 %.

Often a high turnout is bad news for right wing populists, but it's never safe to say that it will be the same here, as PVV may just as well manage to get more people out to vote for them. It could mean a bit more with knowledge about more local turnouts, but the only thing I've read is that the turnout in Amsterdam is high, which doesn't seem too great for PVV.

But as we saw a couple of times last year, it's dangerous to analyze too much!

Analyzing isn't dangerous, seeing predictions almost as 'facts' is :p 

I've done my duty and voted. Always nice to revisit the school I went to when I was I think between 5 and 8 years old (something like that), which is one of the polling stations here and the one I always go to for old time's sake :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Analyzing isn't dangerous, seeing predictions almost as 'facts' is :p 

I've done my duty and voted. Always nice to revisit the school I went to when I was I think between 5 and 8 years old (something like that), which is one of the polling stations here and the one I always go to for old time's sake :d 

Well. Analyzes can be wrong as well, and some people may use it against me one day :p

You can select polling stations for yourself? :mumble:

In Denmark it's just the closest (if you don't vote in advance).

It was my old public school until I moved about 1½ years ago.