Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
bestmen

Judo 2017 Discussion Thread

dcro    964

Croatian judo federation has apparently received "Best development award" from IJF. You know, our federation that forgot to send entries for the final Rio qualification event what cost us 1-2 quota places. :roflmao: And nobody resigned after that of course...

Agger    136

Emilie Sook in her first Grand Prix final! :cheer:

Looks like there's potential for a Danish judoka in Tokyo

Gianlu33    374
13 minutes ago, Agger said:

Emilie Sook in her first Grand Prix final! :cheer:

Looks like there's potential for a Danish judoka in Tokyo

Well, it isn't a very importan grand prix.. very very low quality :p Btw, i hope for Emilie and for Denmark that she'll get some important results in future

Agger    136
8 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Well, it isn't a very importan grand prix.. very very low quality :p Btw, i hope for Emilie and for Denmark that she'll get some important results in future

Sure. But points are points and with this final and her 5th place in Zagreb she's taking a big step up in the rankings (I'm pretty sure that she's gonna be up where it would give a quota if the cut was today).

She's still very young and I'm sure that if she continues her progress, she will be very interesting :)

heywoodu    1,109

The United Arab Emirates strangely still have not lost the right to organize international events, so we had this yesterday. Tal Flicker of Israel won the gold medal in his category. I mean, Tal Flicker of the international judo federation. It really is time to kick these events out of medievel countries that can't even simply hoist a flag and play an anthem when someone wins :facepalm:

heywoodu    1,109
7 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

this is so weird

What exactly is 'this'? :p 

The UAE/Israel situation, Turkey getting another top athlete from another country or something I haven't seen yet? :d 

DaniSRB    188
Just now, heywoodu said:

What exactly is 'this'? :p 

The UAE/Israel situation, Turkey getting another top athlete from another country or something I haven't seen yet? :d 

Turkish shopping

That Turkey buys became normal, but that Slovenia has problems to finance athletes is weird