website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics LEN European Championships 2020

Totallympics

42 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I'd also be up for singles and doubles to get 2 boats in rowing and canoeing and limit it to 1 only for quadruples and eights, but my dreams are never going to be coming true

Fun fact, starting in Tokyo, canoeing sprint will allow 2 boats for singles and doubles. :p

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, Grassmarket said:

It’s to allow Katinka Hosszu to get a massage.

But she's not even in this entire session :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Kromowidjojo :yikes: 

That was long ago.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

A Euro title for Greece :clap: (even, if it's a shared title). First one since Aristeidis Grigoriadis, if i'm not mistaken

First since Andreas Vazaios in 2016 (men's 200 individual medley)

Pretty sure this is the first gold medal ever for Greek women's swimming. I think we've done it at the junior level and in open water swimming but definitely not in the pool. Even better that this is an Olympic event too (100 butterfly). Women's swimming in our country has never been good, except for an occasional bronze or something at a European Championships once in a while. This is a big improvement. We've improved so much in swimming over the past 5-10 years even though it's been mostly men's swimming (Gkolomeev, Vazaios, Papastamos, Christou etc)

Anna won bronze in this event at the 2019 short course Euros so I wasn't too surprised about the medal but gold, wow! So proud of her and she totally smashed her own NR.

24 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Twenty minutes for ceremonies in the middle of the program seems like a bit of a scheduling issue... :p 

I actually like it more than having one ceremony for every two or three events, it's like a half-time break where TV channels can have experts analyze the races and show interviews if they don't want to broadcast the ceremonies. 

2 hours ago, Federer91 said:

A Euro title for Greece :clap: (even, if it's a shared title). First one since Aristeidis Grigoriadis, if i'm not mistaken

no, the last one was the 200m IM gold by Andreas Vazaios in 2016 (the last success by Grigoriadis dates back to 2012)...