website statistics

Weightlifting at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Just put that 230 and 270 on the bar alright, come on :d 

it seems he enjoys to improve his record by 1 kg each time :d (2kg in total if he improves both CJ and Snatch records) we have to wait 6 more competitions for that :p

I was rooting for Asaad after Reis got banned, so I'm glad he got it. Now Syria has both an Olympic medal and a medal at the World Championships in this sport. Amazing.

To be honest, I think Asaad would have earned a medal even if Reis had competed here. Asaad is a beast. Reis didn't have great results after 2018 anyway, and even though media in Brazil was hopeful for a medal for him, Asaad is just better and Reis wouldn't have been able to get one anyway. I'm sure that one journalist skmewhere was even preparing a headline with a pun on his name in case he won a medal (Reis means kings in Portuguese).

9 minutes ago, NearPup said:

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1111402/ioc-passes-charter-changes-weightlifting

This is basically the end of Olympic weightlifting, it looks like. The IWF deserves it, the athletes don't.

Sad because these Games showed a lot of variety (even with China dominating the medal table).

3 hours ago, NearPup said:

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1111402/ioc-passes-charter-changes-weightlifting

This is basically the end of Olympic weightlifting, it looks like. The IWF deserves it, the athletes don't.

A massive boycott we need so as to see the end of IOC

11 minutes ago, George_D said:

A massive boycott we need so as to see the end of IOC

It would be tragic to see weightlifting be removed, but at some point how many chances does the IWF deserve?

(In any case the rule change is ridiculous and how much power is being concentrated in the Executive Board is really disturbing)