website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2020 - 2021

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Lesser in but Schempp out.  Maybe the rumor that he has or was exposed to someone who has/had COVID is correct.

I read today in a German media that the German team had an internal qualification race where Lesser performed very well which secured him a spot on the team. Schempp on the hand isn't on a level yet to compete in the WC, according to the German National Coach, Marc Kirchner.

https://www.sportschau.de/wintersport/biathlon/lesser-sprint-auf-weltcupzug-auf-schempp-nicht-dabei100.html 

I'm always glad to see Lesser in, but damn, I hope we'll one day see the old Schempp again. Starting to doubt it, but I hope so..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Anton Babikov and three members of the Russian team have been tested positve for COVID-19. The whole Russian team has now been isolated and await answer from the Finnish officials about the possibility for some Russian biathletes to compete this weekend and next week. 

Fialková sisters and W NT coach Anna Murínová + W NT service team will miss both Kontiolahti stages. They have to stay in Quarantine in Sweden for 7 days and will be able to be retested only the next Tuesday with the results being known only in Wednesday, that means they will not compete in Finland.

We will send our juniors W NT servicemens and to replace the Fialkvá sisters two teenagers Aneta Smerčiaková and Júlia Machyniaková to Kontiolahti to at least field the relay (and not lose many points in the NC even if it is clear we will finish dead last it will be much more points than for DNS) alongside of Júlia´s older sister Veronika Machyniaková and Henrieta Horvátová

Source in SVK https://www.slovenskybiatlon.sk/spravodajstvo/svetovy-pohar/1368-fialkove-vynechaju-cele-kontiolahti-tim-vo-finsku-doplnia-debutantky

I don't know man, Julia is like a machine :bowdown: 

Too bad though, especially that they'll have to miss the whole Kontiolahti thing. One would say they can be (re)tested now and compete at least next week, but alright. Annoying when every country has their own rules :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The article also says,

that if it stands like it is now, The positive thing is they both will miss only 4 Individual competitions which is exactly the amount of events athletes will scratch as their 4 worst results at the end of the WC according to the new IBU rules.

Theoretically, they could catch at least the Relay event in Kontiolahti with Wednesdays negative result and passing the required two tests before entering the Kontiolahti bubble, but without adequate training, the team decided to not send them, so most likely next Thursday both Fialková´s will fly to Austria, where, for example, in Obertilliach will try to catch up the deficit caused by quarantine with training. Competitions in Hochfilzen begin on December 11.

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I'm always glad to see Lesser in, but damn, I hope we'll one day see the old Schempp again. Starting to doubt it, but I hope so..

I'm starting to think a retirement is on the way, because he's been taking so many L's these past couple of seasons, that he might just put an end to it.