website statistics

Boxing 2018 Discussion Thread

bestmen

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, bestmen said:

:MEXLuis Nery is Indefinitely Suspended By The WBC:yikes:

this guy won 26 Fights and lost 0

And had a positive test after his last fight of 2017, and this week lost his world title because he was way, way, way too heavy for his title fight. Destroyed the Japanese former world champion (logically, when you're much heavier), but could not win his title because of the weigth problem.

Amateur:facepalm:

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Boxing federation is close to expelling 36 referees and judges suspended at Rio 2016

They're taking their sweet time. Next on the list: expel themselves. Turn the lights off at the AIBA office, bury that building deep in the earth and never look back again. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 weeks later...

Time for the real stuff instead of AIBA. Anthony Joshua and Joseph Parker will face off in front of almost 80.000 people in Cardiff tonight, in around 45 minutes. Heavyweight world titles in the IBF, IBO, WBA and WBO are at stake, winner probably/hopefully fights against WBC champion Deontay Wilder later on. 

27 minuti fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

Time for the real stuff instead of AIBA. Anthony Joshua and Joseph Parker will face off in front of almost 80.000 people in Cardiff tonight, in around 45 minutes. Heavyweight world titles in the IBF, IBO, WBA and WBO are at stake, winner probably/hopefully fights against WBC champion Deontay Wilder later on. 

with the cheating coward Joshua involved, it can't be "the real stuff"...:whistle:

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

with the cheating coward Joshua involved, it can't be "the real stuff"...:whistle:

What'd he do to piss you off? :d 

7 minuti fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

What'd he do to piss you off? :d 

London 2012 Gold Medal bout...just that should be enough (but I can add his entire AIBA career before that infamous day)...

actually, it wasn't him directly, but still he was the one who got the benefit of that criminal afternoon...:evil:

moreover, I've never liked him as a boxer...his style, his (poor) technical skills...

obviously, I know it's gone beyond any reasonable analysis...at this point, it's something personal...;)

but still...I just can't stand him...

15 minutes ago, phelps said:

London 2012 Gold Medal bout...just that should be enough (but I can add his entire AIBA career before that infamous day)...

actually, it wasn't him directly, but still he was the one who got the benefit of that criminal afternoon...:evil:

moreover, I've never liked him as a boxer...his style, his (poor) technical skills...

obviously, I know it's gone beyond any reasonable analysis...at this point, it's something personal...;)

but still...I just can't stand him...

I have no idea of 2012, did he happen to fight an Italian? :d