website statistics

Boxing Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

On 25/6/2016 at 15:53, Il_qar said:

Love the way you react,without even watching the match) What a joke))

First of all, I apologize for any offense my post may cause you. I acknowledge it's a little bit written in the moment, so it's entirely my fault.

Howeve, even when I didn't see the fight, I read the comments from the national coach. He said that the Azeri boxer gave a good fight and its strategy was good; he said that in the first two rounds judges could have awarded the partial win to any of them. In the end, the local fighter did just enough to avoid any effective punch from its rival (a valid strategy) and in the end, that was the decisive factor. He was never critical of your boxer, but he was upset that this scoring system has some flaws and that ended the Mexican fighter chances.

On 6/29/2016 at 10:37, stamura84 said:

italy team for the last tournment in venezuela :

D'Andrea (56kg) WSB

Tommasone (60kg)

Ballisai (64kg)

Tommasone and Ballisai are professional champions, correct?

30 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Tommasone and Ballisai are professional champions, correct?

yes, but despite their good records as a pro (Tommasone is unbeaten), they are nothing special...

but still, I'm very curious to see what they can do in the AIBA context...

here you can find some infos about them (just fill the form with their names):

http://boxrec.com/people

Edited by phelps

From yesterday

The International Boxing Association (AIBA) has still yet to announce the list of professional boxers that will compete at the World Series of Boxing (WSB)/AIBA Pro Boxing (APB) Olympic Qualification Tournament in Vargas, despite the event being due to start in just two days' time.

Following a historic ruling, passed unanimously at AIBA’s Extraordinary Congress in Lausanne on June 1, National Federations will be able to register all non-AIBA professional boxers for the tournament according to the criteria for registration of professional boxers.

An AIBA spokesman told insidethegames last month that the names of boxers competing would be announced by the international governing body on June 23, which was the closing date for entries.

It has now been confirmed, however, that the definite list won’t be announced until after tomorrow’s draw in the Venezuelan state, where 26 quota places for this year’s Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro will be up for grabs over six days of competition. 

Just now, konig said:

i cant found it anywhere (thanks AIBA).

For Argentina only participate Leandro Blanc (49 kg) and Daniel Aquino (64 kg).

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Anyone has entry list for the final tounrament?

APB-WSB Olympic Qualification tournament 2016  venezuela

Entry list by NOC

Entries by weight
49 kg // 52 kg // 56 kg // 60 kg // 64 kg // 69 kg // 75 kg // 81 kg // 91 kg // 91+ kg

Edited by bestmen

7 minutes ago, bestmen said:

APB-WSB Olympic Qualification tournament 2016  venezuela

Entry list by NOC

Entries by weight
49 kg // 52 kg // 56 kg // 60 kg // 64 kg // 69 kg // 75 kg // 81 kg // 91 kg // 91+ kg

What kind of joke this is? 79 boxers for 26 quotas. :lol:

10 or more boxers in only two categories... 6 boxers for 3 quotas in -52kg (and one of them is Nicaragua)...

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

What kind of joke this is? 79 boxers for 26 quotas. :lol:

10 or more boxers in only two categories... 6 boxers for 3 quotas in -52kg (and one of them is Nicaragua)...

Go Nicaragua :clap: