web
analytics
bestmen

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

Friday 31 :yikes:you mean after the final 

It would be impossible to rank all songs. I struggle for weeks to get my 8th to 16th, I don't know how much time I would need to re-listen and rank the songs that I don't care about at all :p

Edit: if we had semi-finals like in Eurovision, it would be a more plausible idea, because you wouldn't get overwhelmed with 40 songs at once.

Edit 2: I'm not suggesting that we need semis

Edited by Werloc

3 hours ago, intoronto said:

I like Dcro's idea (all songs should be ranked for multiple juries, I mean this isn't a hard task, because everyone will listen to all songs).

If I had to pick one of the options, I would pick A

I also would like a vote on @dcro proposal @OlympicIRL. I also think it should apply to all multi-member juries.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 hours ago, Werloc said:

It would be impossible to rank all songs. I struggle for weeks to get my 8th to 16th, I don't know how much time I would need to re-listen and rank the songs that I don't care about at all :p

Edit: if we had semi-finals like in Eurovision, it would be a more plausible idea, because you wouldn't get overwhelmed with 40 songs at once.

Edit 2: I'm not suggesting that we need semis

Well, it's the only way of avoiding random draws. That is, unless we get very, very unlucky.

All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

20 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I also would like a vote on @dcro proposal @OlympicIRL. I also think it should apply to all multi-member juries.

I think imposing that on multi juries and not on other juries would be unfair. I personally don’t see the need to rank all 30-40 songs. I spend a lot of time analysing my favourites to make sure I award them the points I think they deserve. If I had to do the same for 40 songs it would mean I wouldn’t be able to spend that time to make the quality analysis.

9 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

I think imposing that on multi juries and not on other juries would be unfair. I personally don’t see the need to rank all 30-40 songs. I spend a lot of time analysing my favourites to make sure I award them the points I think they deserve. If I had to do the same for 40 songs it would mean I wouldn’t be able to spend that time to make the quality analysis.

This, exactly.

Edited by heywoodu

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.