website statistics

Equestrian Qualification to Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympic Games

dcro

2 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

Will we even be able to make a team at this rate? :d 

Well, Anna Merveldt and Heike Holstein are still going strong, and improving since their debut season aboard new horses in 2019.

James Connor and Dane Rawlins have obtained the requirements so I guess one of them will complete the team (Connor has slightly higher scores, while Rawlins has more international experience at his side).

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Well, Anna Merveldt and Heike Holstein are still going strong, and improving since their debut season aboard new horses in 2019.

James Connor and Dane Rawlins have obtained the requirements so I guess one of them will complete the team (Connor has slightly higher scores, while Rawlins has more international experience at his side).

Is Roland Tong still competing, haven't heard about him in a while, not that he was posting big scores. Sad that our historic first dressage team qualification has been hit with so much setbacks. But in a way I am happy that many of the lesser known riders will get a chance as it will be good building for the next cycle. We can't rely on one or 2 riders to keep doing the business. And if you asked me 10 years ago about us having a team in dressage I would have said it was fantasy :d

3 minutes ago, dodge said:

If you asked 3 years ago I’d have said it was a fantasy :d

agreed though, it’s great to see

3 years ago I would have said it was highly unlikely but not fantasy since we at least had riders competing on the circuit and posting decent, if not wonderful scores. It is definitely growing as a discipline and even our eventers are much improved in dressage compared to a few cycles ago when it saw all chances evaporate after the dressage element.

1 hour ago, OlympicIRL said:

Is Roland Tong still competing, haven't heard about him in a while, not that he was posting big scores. Sad that our historic first dressage team qualification has been hit with so much setbacks. But in a way I am happy that many of the lesser known riders will get a chance as it will be good building for the next cycle. We can't rely on one or 2 riders to keep doing the business. And if you asked me 10 years ago about us having a team in dressage I would have said it was fantasy :d

He had a new horse few years ago, but never campaigned him to some championships.

Otherwise, there is Alex Baker (25yo), who still needs one more MER score to be a possible contender for Tokyo.

#banbestmen

New updates are coming through by the minute...

https://www.eurodressage.com/2021/06/04/olympic-slots-reshuffled-after-wave-withdrawals-riders-declining-go-tokyo

So it was :NZL New Zealand who withdrew from dressage. They should be replaced by :MAS Malaysia (MER not confirmed), next in line is :SGP Singapore (MER not confirmed), then :IND India (MER not confirmed), and then finally :HKG Hong Kong (MER confirmed). :d Not surprising to have so many incomplete MERs, as riders from these nations are not very active right now as they did not expect to have a shot at the Olympics.

:NOR Norway is replaced by :ITA Italy as expected.

New bit of news about Ireland claims that Anna Merveldt's horse may have picked up an injury... Damn. If they forfeit a team, they will no longer be allowed to send any individuals as well. Let's hope it will not come down to that!

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

New updates are coming through by the minute...

https://www.eurodressage.com/2021/06/04/olympic-slots-reshuffled-after-wave-withdrawals-riders-declining-go-tokyo

So it was :NZL New Zealand who withdrew from dressage. They should be replaced by :MAS Malaysia (MER not confirmed), next in line is :SGP Singapore (MER not confirmed), then :IND India (MER not confirmed), and then finally :HKG Hong Kong (MER confirmed). :d Not surprising to have so many incomplete MERs, as riders from these nations are not very active right now as they did not expect to have a shot at the Olympics.

:NOR Norway is replaced by :ITA Italy as expected.

New bit of news about Ireland claims that Anna Merveldt's horse may have picked up an injury... Damn. If they forfeit a team, they will no longer be allowed to send any individuals as well. Let's hope it will not come down to that!

you could make me in a way to simplify the quota changes in dressage, eventing and jumping thank you very much for your help

5 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

you could make me in a way to simplify the quota changes in dressage, eventing and jumping thank you very much for your help

Sure, this is the situation (as of today)...

Dressage

:NOR:NZL  -1

:ITA:MAS  +1

Eventing

:CHI:PAK  -1

:ECU:AUT  +1

#banbestmen