website statistics

Athletics 2016 Discussion Thread

panda

Overall bad results for us so far, our javelin throwers werent able to adapt to the conditions, but i am sure that we will win at least 1 gold in Rio. Schwanitz finally with a really good result, maybe she can fit for gold in Rio after all. I hope that we will win gold in mens 1500 m, mens shot put, mens discus throw, mens triple jump, womens 3000 m SC, womens long jump, womens triple jump and womens 4x100 m relay. :fingers:

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 minutes ago, zob79 said:

Is it allowed to say I would boink Roleder? :d

Yes that is allowed, but come on....with Talay standing right next to her?! Well no complaints here, I'll help in making Talay feel better then :evil:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 4 Minuten schrieb dcro:

Another one of those "big events expert".

No surprise, she does heptathlon for the rest of the year. A couple of months ago i was sure that she would win gold in Rio, but then she didnt really show progression until now. After this result i am optimistic again.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, OlympicsFan said:

Overall bad results for us so far, our javelin throwers werent able to adapt to the conditions, but i am sure that we will win at least 1 gold in Rio. Schwanitz finally with a really good result, maybe she can fit for gold in Rio after all. I hope that we will win gold in mens 1500 m, mens shot put, mens discus throw, mens triple jump, womens 3000 m SC, womens long jump, womens triple jump and womens 4x100 m relay. :fingers:

If I get odds of 2, I would bet half of my money that those 8 events won't give 8 gold medals for Germany here :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

German commentator said it was the weakest winning score since 1971 ...

Yes, I believe they said something similar here. But yeah, as said before, most decathletes of course don't care so much about the decathlon here with Rio coming up soon :) 

vor 2 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

If I get odds of 2, I would bet half of my money that those 8 events won't give 8 gold medals for Germany here :p 

So ... ? In most of those events we are favorite, but of course it will be very difficult in mens discus throw, womens triple jump and womens long jump.