website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2024

Am I the only one that hears a similar progression in the Greek and entry this song:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

This is also, by a considerable margin, the shortest TISC thread since the rebirth of Totallympics :yikes:

It's a shame becuase this was so well organized by @Henry_Leon

It also kind of felt like this might be the TISC with the largest number of votes being posted by the organizer instead of the actual voters. Too bad so many juries were apparently busy :p (too bad for them especially, because I think we here all had fun as always :d)

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

One of the most 'interesting' entries for me was the Mexican one by the way. It started fantastically fun and after 20 seconds I was convinced it'd score high on my list, but then the singing started and was just a bit too 'flat' and repetitive for me (like it never really gets going, for my taste at least), whereas the fun first part never really came back later on :( 

If they have more songs where that first part features more heavily, I'd love to hear them :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

One of the most 'interesting' entries for me was the Mexican one by the way. It started fantastically fun and after 20 seconds I was convinced it'd score high on my list, but then the singing started and was just a bit too 'flat' and repetitive for me (like it never really gets going, for my taste at least), whereas the fun first part never really came back later on :( 

If they have more songs where that first part features more heavily, I'd love to hear them :d 

Lol, this is actually insane how differently people perceive stuff :lol: 

At the start, I thought that I would not like that song :p then it drew me in on second 40. 

6 hours ago, konig said:

Im not the only one who notice that:cool:

Yeah, I don't know how other people rank and how they decide, but logically thinking, the disco music genre is one of those genres that are not known for huge variation, which is why many disco songs have a lot of things in common with each other. It's not insane to assume that if you liked Italy, you should have felt somewhat keen on Argentina as well. For me, personally, Argentina even had a bit more to offer in that regard.

It would've been okay if Argentina scored like less than Italy, but not by a 110 point margin. I can only assume that if this song was sent let's say by the French jury and it was in French, we'd have at least 80-100 points :/ Although we have a long history of songs in Spanish doing well too, so yeah, it's impossible to explain what goes on in the voting processes of all of the juries :p 

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

It also kind of felt like this might be the TISC with the largest number of votes being posted by the organizer instead of the actual voters. Too bad so many juries were apparently busy :p (too bad for them especially, because I think we here all had fun as always :d)

This is the biggest take from me too. I know the founding fathers of Totallympics Song Contests are way more traditionalist (and stubborn) than the IOC and FIFA combined :p, but i think it's time to make some changes to the show. Mainly the schedule for the Grand Finale :d

It's evident, that Saturdays aren't the most suitable time for a growing number of people, who are doing lots of other stuff. Switching to Sundays could help free more people, as that is the more traditional rest day for everyone. 

Also, another good idea in my opinion is to split the Finale into 2 parts. Have half the votes on Saturday evening (European time) and the other half on Sunday evening. This way users could choose, which of the 2 days is more suitable for them and we are getting away from the day sessions, when people are more likely to be outside, working, travelling, shopping or doing other things, that they wont do in the evening. The downside to this is the time zone difference for our Asian users and Wanderer. But we could make a special session just for them on Sunday afternoon, which would be Sunday evening for them, or they could be the first to vote on Saturday afternoon etc. 

There needs to be a change, so that more people follow and participate, because having the host submit 20-25 from the 35 nations is a bit underwhelming. 

33 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

This is the biggest take from me too. I know the founding fathers of Totallympics Song Contests are way more traditionalist (and stubborn) than the IOC and FIFA combined :p, but i think it's time to make some changes to the show. Mainly the schedule for the Grand Finale :d

It's evident, that Saturdays aren't the most suitable time for a growing number of people, who are doing lots of other stuff. Switching to Sundays could help free more people, as that is the more traditional rest day for everyone. 

Also, another good idea in my opinion is to split the Finale into 2 parts. Have half the votes on Saturday evening (European time) and the other half on Sunday evening. This way users could choose, which of the 2 days is more suitable for them and we are getting away from the day sessions, when people are more likely to be outside, working, travelling, shopping or doing other things, that they wont do in the evening. The downside to this is the time zone difference for our Asian users and Wanderer. But we could make a special session just for them on Sunday afternoon, which would be Sunday evening for them, or they could be the first to vote on Saturday afternoon etc. 

There needs to be a change, so that more people follow and participate, because having the host submit 20-25 from the 35 nations is a bit underwhelming. 

I honestly don't know what you mean by this and think this is an unfair statement. Every single host can tell you that they have complete control over the scheduling and what days and times they want to host. I always tell the host they have full control to organize as they would like and that it's their show.

it.png

Italian jurors voted:

ITA pts nation tot pts

Henry

Leon

@SteveParker @Pablita @Gianlu33
12 Ireland  32 7 12 10 3
11 Guatemala 31 11 9   11
10 Moldova 27 10 10 7  
9 Spain 23     11 12
8 Germania 18   11   7
7 Brazil 17     12 5
6 Portugal 16 8   6 2
5 Netherlands 16 12   4  
4 Lituania 15 1 8   6
3 Mexico 14   2 8 4
2 Albania 13   4 9  
1 Malta 11 4 7    
  Romania 10       10
  Indonesia 9 9      
  Czech 9       9
  Slovakia 8 6   2  
  India  8 5   3  
  Francia 8       8
  Argentina 6   6    
  Kazakhstan  5   5    
  Poland 5     5  
  China 3 3      
  Chile 3   3    
  Sweden 2 2      
  Montenegro 1   1    
  Croatia 1     1  
  Slovenia 1       1

thank you for this magnificent show, great work from our Italian neighbors. I had a great evening . Thank you to all the countries who voted for France, a very nice 4th place (perhaps because the song was in English) and understood by all.. Congratulations to the winner and to all the others who introduced us to beautiful songs.