website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2023

36 minutes ago, Roamingrover86 said:

Is it one user per country ?  I understand @Fly_like_a_don intends to represent :IND

Can I nominate a song too or is it one per Country/user @Olympian1010

Thanks!  

You and @Fly_like_a_don can form a multiple person jury for India. As he hasn’t yet nominated a song, you guys can message each other to choose a representative. I can give you guys an extension on the deadline to come a decision if needed. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

As previously mentioned, I had 4 songs for consideration, two of which were suggested by other members. At first, I wasn't sure which direction I wanted to go, but I think it's time that the United States sends a song with lyrics partially in Spanish, so I bring you Beck with Que onda guero

3 hours ago, dezbee2008 said:

As previously mentioned, I had 4 songs for consideration, two of which were suggested by other members. At first, I wasn't sure which direction I wanted to go, but I think it's time that the United States sends a song with lyrics partially in Spanish, so I bring you Beck with Que onda guero

When first I saw the image on the video, I thought you had picked "Lost Cause" and I almost screamed :p

Edited by vinipereira

Official Announcement 

The entry deadline has passed. Those already registered who have NOT submitted a song will be given the weekend the select their entry. All remaining deadlines are still valid as written on the first post of the thread. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

:MEX MEXICO :MEX

With a little delay here's Mexico's selection for this year contest. With a career spanning almost 30 years, Julieta Venegas is one of most recognizable female rock/pop singers, being nominated 4 times to the Grammy Awards and winning once in 2007 for Best Latin Pop album with "Limón y Sal", and from it, this nice collaboration with Chilean rapper, and former TISC participant, Ana Tijoux:

Julieta Venegas ft. Ana Tijoux - Eres para Mí ("You're for Me")

Lyrics in Spanish

Spoiler

Eres para mí Me lo ha dicho el viento Eres para mí Lo oigo todo el tiempo
Eres para mí Me lo ha dicho el viento Eres para mí

La sombra que pasa, la luz que me abraza, tus ojos mirándome La calle que canta su canto de diario, el mundo moviéndose Y yo sé que tienes miedo y no es un buen momento para ti Y para esto que nos viene sucediendo

Pero eres para mí Me lo ha dicho el viento Eres para mí Lo oigo todo el tiempo
Eres para mí Me lo ha dicho el viento Eres para mí

El espejo que da su reflejo en todo lo pinta tal como es Mi cuerpo que no tiene peso, si escucho tu voz llamándome Y yo sé que tienes miedo y no es un buen momento para ti Y para esto que nos viene sucediendo

Temes sentir más de la cuenta El corazón es un músculo, si no late revienta Extraño mirarte de lejos, de hacernos los tontos Paracemos tan viejos, tiempo, mmh, ¿quieres más tiempo? Mírame la piel, ¿no ves acaso lo que siento? Tú eres para mí, yo soy para ti El viento me lo dijo con un soplo suavecillo

Y yo sé que tienes miedo y no es un buen para ti (Para mí) Y para esto que nos viene sucediendo
Pero eres para mí Me lo ha dicho el viento Eres para mí Lo oigo todo el tiempo

Eres para mí (Tal para cual como el mar y la sal) Me lo ha dicho el viento Eres para mí (Sigue mi cadencia pierdo la paciencia) (Tú eres para mí, ¿no te das cuenta?) Eres para mí (Tú eres para mí, yo soy para ti) (El viento me lo dijo con un soplo suavecillo)

Eres para mí (Tú eres para mí) Lo oigo todo el tiempo Eres para mí (Tú eres para mí) Me lo ha dicho el viento (Yo soy para ti) Eres para mí (Tú eres para mí) Lo oigo todo el tiempo (Yo soy para ti)
Eres para mí
Eres para mí (Tú eres para mí, yo soy para ti) (Tú eres para mí, yo soy para ti)

English translation

Spoiler
You're for me Wind has told me You're for me I hear it all the time
You're for me Wind has told me You're for me

The passing shadow, the light embracing me, your eyes looking at me The street singing its everyday song, the World turning And I know you fear and it's not a good moment for you And for what is happening to us

You're for me Wind has told me You're for me

The mirror reflecting everything paints it as it is My body has no weight when I hear your voice calling me
And I know you fear and it's not a good moment for you And for what is happening to us

You are afraid of feeling more than you'd want Heart is a muscle, when it doesn't beat it bursts I miss looking at you from afar, of being fools We seem so old, time?, mmh, you want more time? Look at my skin, don't you see what I feel? You're for me, I'm for you Wind has told me with a soft whisper

And I know you fear and it's not a good moment for you And for what is happening to us

You're for me (One for each other like sea and salt) Wind has told me You're for me (Follow my lead I lose patience) (You're for me, can't you realize?) You're for me (You're for me, I'm for you) (Wind has told me with a soft whisper)

You're for me (You're for me) I hear it all the time You're for me (You're for me) Wind has told me (I'm for you) You're for me (You're for me ) I hear it all the time (I'm for you)
Eres para mí
Eres para mí (You're for me, I'm for you) (You're for me, I'm for you)

@catgamer@Cinnamon Bun@Fly_like_a_don@Roamingrover86@Wanderer I’d like to get all the entries confirmed within the next 12-18 hours if possible.