website statistics

Summer World University Games 2021 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

On 7/15/2023 at 12:42 AM, rybak said:

Question, will athletes from swimming and athletics be able to reach standard to Paris Games? It will be one of events where results are counted? Same about taekwondo and judo, that event will give points to Olympic ranking?

in Taekwondo it acts like a normal G2 event. whoever wins the gold can earn 20pts for example

but it will be included in the maximum 40pts per year from G1-G2 events. so those who already earned 40pts from minor events can't add anything to their points.

I assume/hope either Eurosport and/or FISU.tv will be available again?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

FISU.tv should have all the broadcasts again. Not sure if there’s media deal that excludes certain countries.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 hours ago, wamel042 said:

The Chinese websites for multi events are terrible! Also the site for the Asian Games feels very outdated….

Even for the Winter Olympics in 2022, the website was a disappointment.

Edited by PHI2019

On 7/19/2023 at 7:45 PM, heywoodu said:

Yeah, Eurosport have a lot of stuff on TV starting with the Opening Ceremony on Friday, with more on Discovery Plus.

Fisu.tv have web-based coverage, and also apps on all the major hosts.  Usually commentary is good - for the winter games they actually had US college coaches and ex-athletes, not just your random selection of aussies, kiwis & saffers (:RSA) that the Olympics use.   You have to register & give some personal details, but otherwise free. 

Edited by Grassmarket

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

FISU.tv streaming schedule is available: https://www.fisu.net/schedule

Ok, so a lot more on FISU than on Discovery / ES.

And you can add to an Outlook Calendar, which I know some people like! @heywoodu

Edited by Grassmarket