website statistics

Asian Games 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

20 hours ago, Dragon said:

This is a very random thing to ask - but how many runs will the Mongolian men's cricket team score against Nepal later today?

I could see a world record low score coming up...

Well, I was hopelessly wrong. It was their opponents, Nepal, who set the world record. 314 being 13% higher than in any other of the 2255 games at this level.

This is first time we are leaving the Taekwondo competition at the Asian Games without a single gold medal. and not because our team was bad. mostly because we weren't supposed to. :thumbdown:

I'm watching Asian Games since 1998 and I know the officiating is always bad in certain sports (probably worst than any other sport competitions) but taekwondo this year was something special. 

the only good thing is today was the last day and I don't have to torture myself watching Taekwondo anymore. 

46 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

First time I saw "bluffing moves" in sprint race of track cycling which ended with both riders losing their balance

do you mean "surplace" / "trackstand" attempts?

today's riders are not allowed to do that for more than 30 seconds, therefore also the best in the world don't train that skill and aren't capable of staying sticky on the bike for minutes, hours like it used to be many years ago

Edited by phelps

3 hours ago, phelps said:

do you mean "surplace" / "trackstand" attempts?

today's riders are not allowed to do that for more than 30 seconds, therefore also the best in the world don't train that skill and aren't capable of staying sticky on the bike for minutes, hours like it used to be many years ago

Yes, that one. Didn’t know the name since I just getting interested with track cycling.

4 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Yes, that one. Didn’t know the name since I just getting interested with track cycling.

the great Italian sprinters of the Sixties were the absolute masters of that trick, the official record in competition is 1 hour and 3 mins :yikes: (it happened at the Italian Nationals in 1968), the world record on the track but not in competition, as a standalone attempt, is 2 hours 6 mins 15 secs :yikes: :yikes: by a 2nd/3rd tier Italian rider in 1975 (there's a video on Youtube dedicated to that attempt)

and since the tv stations started to complain about the waste of time, one day the UCI decided to cut the surplace max time to 15 mins, then 10 and finally they drastically came to the current 30 second-limit, which has made this tactic disappear from the tracks (and therefore the riders do not practice that anymore and just can't do it for such long time, as it gets very painful and puts the legs' muscles at risk when you suddenly start from scratch after a long stand in an uncomfortable position)

25 minutes ago, phelps said:

(it happened at the Italian Nationals in 1968), the world record on the track but not in competition, as a standalone attempt, is 2 hours 6 mins 15 secs :yikes: :yikes: by a 2nd/3rd tier Italian rider in 1975 (there's a video on Youtube dedicated to that attempt)

Imagining the strain for that attempts made my legs start to sore too :yikes: