website statistics

Asian Games 2022 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Tokyo 2020 bronze medalists :QAT Cherif/Ahmed advance to the semifinals of the men’s beach volleyball tournament, after defeating :IRI Salemi/Shoukati 2-0 (21-17, 21-19) :cheer:

Great comeback by the Qataris at the end, after being down 12-15 in set two. 

6 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

I must admit that the atmosphere is very pleasant, almost all the venues I saw were full. The Asian Games are certainly one of the best continental multi-sport events, the European Games can only aspire to come closer...

I am in Hangzhou and trying very hard to buy tickets here but still only limited matches successfully bought. I basically watch 1-2 matches on court and rest time I watch cellphone. Every time that I failed I was thinking why there are so many people in China. 

6 hours ago, MHSN said:

how come Running target events are in the program  while the host country didn't even care to enter a team ?! :lol: 

Rumor has it that China officials on purposely reduce some participating events and athletes to release some pressure of organizing committee as it is biggest ever game. China even has lower athletes number than 2014 Asian Games in Korea and lower number than Thailand in this game.

1 hour ago, phelps said:

:KOR 7.01 in the men's 4*200m Free...it would have been bronze for them at the world champs, ahead of :AUS :yikes:

Yes. Amazing result. China did a good job but Korea is just amazing tonight.

BTW just in case some of you guys don't know before, :KOR male Asian Games champions and Olympic Games medalists will be exempt from compulsory military service about 2 years. So basically :KOR male athletes may be more motivated than other countries.

6 hours ago, thepharoah said:

in Gymnastics i see some really big names form China and Japan performing , so how come these players will play in WCH which will start in Sep.30 ! 

Chinese gymnasts in Asian Games will not attend WCH and I think Japan is the same. China send Men's A team(quota achieved before) and Women's B team to Asian Games. And I think Japan send both B teams to Asian Games.