website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic

hckošice

9 minutes ago, MHSN said:

parliament member, mayor, Tehran city council member, head of Qom's health organization. the guy next to deputy health minister in that video is also suspected (government's spokesperson)

officially right now the number is 95 with 15 confirmed deaths but nobody believes it. it can't be just 95 with at least 30-40 tested positive while traveling to other countries (Iranians or non-Iranians) and more provinces are discovering positive cases , first death also being confirmed in my town :cry:

in less than a week the situation changed from being "pretty normal" to "extremely dangerous", dangerous to even leave your house

The situation you describe is very like China at the early stage. The test paper is in shortage and very time-consuming, lots of patients confirmed after 1-2 weeks. During this period, if hospital doesn't quarantine the patient, other people may be infected. I'm almost quarantine in my home for almost 1 month. Just go to supermarkets several times. Based on what I observe, may not be correct, if you wear mask the infection chance will be much lower.

15 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

The situation you describe is very like China at the early stage. The test paper is in shortage and very time-consuming, lots of patients confirmed after 1-2 weeks. During this period, if hospital doesn't quarantine the patient, other people may be infected. I'm almost quarantine in my home for almost 1 month. Just go to supermarkets several times. Based on what I observe, may not be correct, if you wear mask the infection chance will be much lower.

yes this is more or less like that. but at least China didn't know what's coming, in Iran they knew and still they weren't prepared. they were careless even for their own health ! when that guy (who was in charge to "fight" against corona) got infected himself that tells you everything. it's spreading so fast, whenever I open the news websites i hear more cities being involved.

ps: actually I was showing some symptoms in past few days so I self quarantined myself :d, I guess that was just the flu (I get flu easily) but I couldn't take the risk to infect my relatives . I feel a bit better today (still not 100% healthy) but then I heard news from my work that they shot down everything until the new year. which means I have nothing to do in next 40 days, :d:( no work . no travel. it will be just me, TV and my computer :d:facepalm:

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

parliament member, mayor, Tehran city council member, head of Qom's health organization. the guy next to deputy health minister in that video is also suspected (government's spokesperson)

officially right now the number is 95 with 15 confirmed deaths but nobody believes it. it can't be just 95 with at least 30-40 tested positive while traveling to other countries (Iranians or non-Iranians) and more provinces are discovering positive cases , first death also being confirmed in my town :cry:

in less than a week the situation changed from being "pretty normal" to "extremely dangerous", dangerous to even leave your house

Mostly 95 cases seems highly unrealistic with 15 deaths already...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

49 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

If you wear and use a mask correctly, that is. If you don't use correct protocol, which a lot of people apparently don't know, you actually increase the risk.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 minutes ago, MHSN said:

yes this is more or less like that. but at least China didn't know what's coming, in Iran they knew and still they weren't prepared. they were careless even for their own health ! when that guy (who was in charge to "fight" against corona) got infected himself that tells you everything. it's spreading so fast, whenever I open the news websites i hear more cities being involved.

ps: actually I was showing some symptoms in past few days so I self quarantined myself :d, I guess that was just the flu (I get flu easily) but I couldn't take the risk to infect my relatives . I feel a bit better today (still not 100% healthy) but then I heard news from my work that they shot down everything until the new year. which means I have nothing to do in next 40 days, :d:( no work . no travel. it will be just me, TV and my computer :d:facepalm:

Perfect timing to join us for the last portion of the winter sports season :d

34 minutes ago, Agger said:

Putting an entire hotel with 1000 guests in quarantine.

Where everyone is still just walking around like normal in the entire hotel, meaning you can bet your ass there's gonna be a significant number of other positive tests there.

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Where everyone is still just walking around like normal in the entire hotel, meaning you can bet your ass there's gonna be a significant number of other positive tests there.

Really? That's not what I hear from the Danes in the hotel (though I haven't seen tweets about it for some hours)

7 minutes ago, Agger said:

Really? That's not what I hear from the Danes in the hotel (though I haven't seen tweets about it for some hours)

Some Dutch or Belgian tourists posted some stuff about it, although on the forum where I saw it I can't find it anymore in between the gazillion other messages :p